2014 9AAA

eers

Heard same thing last yr and the yr before. Went 4-6 last year and not looking so hot this year. Coaching staff sends the letter to players today. Sounds like desperation to me, never heard of a coaching staff doing something like that. What if letter goes to all newspapers, TV, radio? can't believe admin would allow it. Where's R Perry?

Heard same thing last yr and the yr before. Went 4-6 last year and not looking so hot this year. Coaching staff sends the letter to players today. Sounds like desperation to me, never heard of a coaching staff doing something like that. What if letter goes to all newspapers, TV, radio? can't believe admin would allow it. Where's R Perry?

Debating with a narcissist is like trying to argue with a parrot. Have fun with your misconstrued thoughts and irrelevant points that are bias and incorrect. Meanwhile I'm going to sit back and watch high school football on Friday night, which should be the main topic here! Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

Then just dress the kids and play who you want to. Why send out a letter and not dress everyone? Why would those kids parents even come to the game if the coach does not want them there? Like I said there has to be a reason for doing this but I am clueless to the motive. I just know the parents that I know are not very happy with the way things are being run. That's all.

Wave, not knowing anything about this; here is my take and I am just guessing. There may have been some young men that have been late for practice or work outs during fall break or maybe not showing up at all. Or some that chose not to participate in drills ( hiding in the back ); or just not taking this week seriously and goofed off during practice with no effort and not paying attention, or all of the above.

I can promise the intensity at MJ really picked up this week following two losses. If what I stated above is the case; then I don't have a problem not dressing players; even if it was my son. First thing I would be doing if I was a parent who's son was not on the list; is ask my son; " Why are you not dressing ? " I don't know or Coach doesn't like me is not an answer. Coaches don't just do that; there was a very good reason. Players need to be held accountable.

This is the only reason I can imagine this was done. That being said ; I am very old school and dressing and playing is a privilege not a right. It is something that is earned.

I have known these coaches for a number of years. Even though I may not agree with everything they do; I can say they have always been fair. The same rules go for everyone on the team. They are the coaches and run their program the way they see fit. Obviously there was a very good reason for this; but because the public doesn't know why it was done; it comes out negative.

Coach T owes no one an explanation and I can guarantee the players know why they are not dressing. I would think this letter lets parents know what is going on and stops a lot of questions and emails as to " why did my son not dress ?"

Edited by BKisler

Sorry I did not reply to this earlier but I looked over the letter when my son brought it home and my take on it was the Coach trying to motivate and encourage the players.

He reminded them that winning football games is fun, and what they had the opportunity to do.

The Letter was not degrading or derogatory.

No one in MJ is happy with the results of the last couple of weeks but it was not due to a lack of effort by the players or the coaches.

Looking forward to seeing another MJ game where they execute like they did against Station Camp-

Let the kids play and the coaches coach.

Good luck to everyone tonight-looks like we will all need our Rain Gear-Hope it is just rain I hate the lightning delays.