2014 9AAA

eers

He may not be leaving, but you have to face the fact that the results have to start being better, or else he won't last at a place like Gallatin for a very long time. Not saying he's gone whatsoever, but they are far from being where they need to be at this point. When they lose, it's ugly.

Edited by thegreatone36

Wow Lebanon is a dumpster fire right now. I thought they finally had a coach. I'm not sure they could even beat Watertown at this point.

It may be beyond the dumpster; I think the entire landfill is on fire! I watched them last year, and they were bad. This year, they are pitiful. This coach is a legend???  Does legendary status transfer from another state............just kidding. The problem at Lebanon was not because of poor coaching from the previous two coaches; nor is it the problem NOW.

Edited by slagiatt

He may not be leaving, but you have to face the fact that the results have to start being better, or else he won't last at a place like Gallatin for a very long time. Not saying he's gone whatsoever, but they are far from being where they need to be at this point. When they lose, it's ugly.

I think the results will get better the next few years. But you have to agree that no matter the outcome this week the team has improved every week. Could you say that about the last 10+ years? Last year did you think they would be quarterfinalist? How many times did the previous regime get that far and over how many years? The first year Williams took over, there were several factors that limited production. Is the program as a whole stronger now from top to bottom? Granted I know they are not dominant like years ago but are they headed in that direction if there was the same level of talent? Williams is definitely learning and if he loses on a large scale, no he will not linger but knowing what I know I feel the direction of the program is headed in a good direction. The behind the scenes part is taking shape quite nicely. The QB Club is stronger and the money supporters are coming back to the fold. Wins and losses are coming. Just stay the course my friend things are changing for the better.

I agree with some parts, but look at the schedule they play now, and look at the schedule they played during Lassiter's last season (Oakland & Brentwood) instead of Trousdale County & Stewarts Creek. Plus they used to scrimmage all of Rutherford County. I feel like those teams were more battle tested. TC & Stewarts Creek are games that you schedule to get nearly automatic wins. Different times I suppose

I hope he does get the job done no doubt. And he may in time. But the tackling has been the worst thing I've seen about them all year. The overall record since he's taken over is 14-15, with a loss to Portland, TC, and the first 2 losses ever to Station Camp. Those are VERY hard to swallow...

Edited by thegreatone36

I agree with some parts, but look at the schedule they play now, and look at the schedule they played during Lassiter's last season (Oakland & Brentwood) instead of Trousdale County & Stewarts Creek. Plus they used to scrimmage all of Rutherford County. I feel like those teams were more battle tested. TC & Stewarts Creek are games that you schedule to get nearly automatic wins. Different times I suppose

Under the current path to the playoffs you only need wins. It does not matter who you play. TC was added for the gate. They called us for the record. What do you do say no and look like you are scared to play them? Do you know who was originally asked to play before Oakland? It was Macon Co!! One other thing, Gallatin was stuck with metro for many years. Gates suffered and let's just be truthful, the competition was not the best. I can name 3 games off the top of my head that were just as bad as any loss over the last two years. Not score wise but who they lost too and the situation. Lassiter was a good coach and a very good man. I respect him for some of the situations he had to endure as head coach but I pulled my hair out every year for some situation that should not have happened. His record speaks for itself. He has a lot of wins but I sure would have liked to see what a different guy could have done with some of those talented years. Williams is not as conservative, good or bad. I think as a core group this staff is the best they have had in quite a while. IMO they still could tweak it some. However, I could find fault with a lot of things and it's not my job to coach just cheer them on. I fully support Gallatin, these coaches, the band, cheerleaders, and players!! Nothing like a Friday night in the fall!!

I hope he does get the job done no doubt. And he may in time. But the tackling has been the worst thing I've seen about them all year. The overall record since he's taken over is 14-15, with a loss to Portland, TC, and the first 2 losses ever to Station Camp. Those are VERY hard to swallow...

I completely agree with you.

I'm not knocking Gallatin, but last year's quarterfinal appearance had everything to do with the draw they got. That team was not good. There is talent at Gallatin.

That said, this team has improved. I believe they get a win this week agaunst a bad SC team and while the program may be headed in the right direction it's not there yet. The overall recird is bad.

Edited by eers

I'm not knocking Gallatin, but kast year's quarterfinal appearance had everything to do with the draw they got. That team was not good. There is talent at Gallatin.

That said, this team has improved. I believe they get a win this week agaunst a bad SC team and while the program may be headed in the right direction it's not there yet. The overall recird is bad.

You have to beat who is in front of you. Shelbyville was a hot team that could score a lot of points and Gallatin took it to them. That was a good win that got them that quarterfinal appearance. Your right it's not there yet.

Under the current path to the playoffs you only need wins. It does not matter who you play. TC was added for the gate. They called us for the record. What do you do say no and look like you are scared to play them? Do you know who was originally asked to play before Oakland? It was Macon Co!! One other thing, Gallatin was stuck with metro for many years. Gates suffered and let's just be truthful, the competition was not the best. I can name 3 games off the top of my head that were just as bad as any loss over the last two years. Not score wise but who they lost too and the situation. Lassiter was a good coach and a very good man. I respect him for some of the situations he had to endure as head coach but I pulled my hair out every year for some situation that should not have happened. His record speaks for itself. He has a lot of wins but I sure would have liked to see what a different guy could have done with some of those talented years. Williams is not as conservative, good or bad. I think as a core group this staff is the best they have had in quite a while. IMO they still could tweak it some. However, I could find fault with a lot of things and it's not my job to coach just cheer them on. I fully support Gallatin, these coaches, the band, cheerleaders, and players!! Nothing like a Friday night in the fall!!

Have to agree with Thegreatone here. The non-district schedule is rather weak. It will not help the team prepare for solid competition they'll face in the playoffs. Don't get me wrong I respect the Gallatin program and what they have accomplished (a lengthy history of winning and state championships) but the team is not what it once was and it is ok to come to terms with that. Playing weaker teams is not going to build a state championship program. Competition should be the priority.

You have to beat who is in front of you. Shelbyville was a hot team that could score a lot of points and Gallatin took it to them. That was a good win that got them that quarterfinal appearance. Your right it's not there yet.

Agree completely with the statement of playing who is in front of you. Appears to me theres a little something still missing though.

Agree completely with the statement of playing who is in front of you. Appears to me theres a little something still missing though.

A team entering the playoffs with zero signature wins on their belt.... Tell me exactly the last time that worked for a team? Look at the past, Gallatin was always a top notch team that played against the best teams (5a and 6a) Being a conformist is not always a good thing. Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS