Greenback @Sweetwater

orngnblk

What's the fans of Greenback thoughts on having the NBC's Today Show at the school Friday and the game later that night to cover the head impact sensor system of Riddell's?

First of all i hope the caution light is working or they will never find us!I heard about this last night,heard the are going to travel with the team tomorrow to SW and fim the game for one of their shows.I know its about the helmet sensors but it is nice to get some TN small town football recognition on a national stage.I just hope we whip SW also!WTD Cherokees. Edited by orngnblk

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all i hope the caution light is working or they will never find us!I heard about this last night,heard the are going to travel with the team tomorrow to SW and fim the game for one of their shows.I know its about the helmet sensors but it is nice to get some TN small town football recognition on a national stage.I just hope we whip SW also!WTD Cherokees.

I'm not sure either of the coaches will care much for it, it could lead to a flag happy crew. On the other hand, kids like the media.

On the other hand, kids like the media.

Yes they do, I just hope it doesn't distract them. Preening for the camera won't win many games. I think most of them are mature enough to handle it.

But, I think it's a great opportunity for the GB program to get positive recognition, just wish it wasn't Week 0.

First of all i hope the caution light is working or they will never find us!I heard about this last night,heard the are going to travel with the team tomorrow to SW and fim the game for one of their shows.I know its about the helmet sensors but it is nice to get some TN small town football recognition on a national stage.I just hope we whip SW also!WTD Cherokees.

ONLY IN THE NATION.......WOW!

Greenback won big, but didn't look all that good doing it. A couple of decent drives but lots of mistakes. For a while it looked like who ever had the ball last would win, back and forth, points coming fast, I figured the final score would be mistaken for a basketball game.  A few big plays kept the Kees ahead, then Sweetwater finally broke and looked like they couldn't wait for the game to end. I'd grade GB  C+ or B-. They got it done, but I suspect there are a lot better teams than SW out there and the Kees will need to play better to keep winning. GB did appear in better shape than SW, seemed to handle the hot, humid night better than the home team.

Edited by maj

Greenback won big, but didn't look all that good doing it. A couple of decent drives but lots of mistakes. For a while it looked like who ever had the ball last would win, back and forth, points coming fast, I figured the final score would be mistaken for a basketball game. A few big plays kept the Kees ahead, then Sweetwater finally broke and looked like they couldn't wait for the game to end. I'd grade GB C+ or B-. They got it done, but I suspect there are a lot better teams than SW out there and the Kees will need to play better to keep winning. GB did appear in better shape than SW, seemed to handle the hot, humid night better than the home team.

I agree maj,SW was not a good ball team,but we made them look better than they are at times.Anderson is a flat out stud,without him it would have been an overtime type game.The past 4 yrs we have been blessed with good line play for the most part,if our line doesnt get better we are in for a long yr.Anderson made some big plays in the Dbackfield as well,the younger DBs looked young and let some big plays happen.LBs looked pretty good for most of the game.Our line didnt get to the second level at all the backs were dodging LBs at the line of scrimmage,in our zone offense if you cant get to the Backers it isnt as effective.Our skill positions are as advertised they are very good.If we dont get the O and D-lines playing more physical we could be in trouble.Anderson had two KOs returned for TDs had a pick 6 reversed on a bonehead call and a couple rushing TDs,i would like to see his numbers for last night!If they can get the O-line better with the backfield we have it could be a great yr.It all starts up front!We have at least 8 teams on our schedule that is better or just as good as SW we have to improve for sure. Edited by orngnblk