Loudon @ William Blount

jake

I heard the old GovMan was inducted into the WB hall of fame last night. Well deserved.

Govman is the WB Rock Star. I remember watching a WB vs Maryville basketball game at Maryville one night. After the game you couldn't get near him because there were so many kids wanting to talk to him. These were Maryville and WB Kids. Govman is a legend.

I remember you making some ridiculous posts after the State Championship game , but this right here is the grand prize winner in " Clueless Posting " !! The PA Announcer you're calling Classless is well known in the entire Maryville / Blount County area as one of the Classiest guys around ...

Chief15 is old school whine.

Well, I finally got the stomach to watch the tape from Friday night...needless to say, after waiting 8 months for the season to start, this was not the start that I was hoping for. Lots of questions surrounding our defense, we struggled mightily trying to get off of blocks, and some of the kids appear to be confused and moving at 3/4 speed...our MLB just continuously crashed the A gaps as soon as he read run, the problem was they never ran in the A gaps, their runs were the off tackle C gaps and wider, if I am going to have my MLB to that on every run I think I would just put a noseguard in and go to a five man front...D line got manhandled in the first half.

Offensively, we moved the ball well on the ground and through the air...the interception in the end zone took a lot of wind out of our sail, we were about to cut the defecit to 28-20 and then they get it and kick a field goal and we are down 31-13. I don't put all the blame for the int on Daniels though, that was a horrible play call to run a wheel route from the 10 yard line and to the short side of the field, the WR had no room to work and it made for an easy play for the Safety. What momentum was not lost on the int, the muffed punt took away...that was the proverbial nail in the coffin. We have to get better at making in game adjustments. We go trips to the right and they have single coverage on Bailey Short to the left with the DB playing 11 yards off, and we never throw to him, things like that have to be recognized by someone in the pressbox. Too many kids not being utilized, Michael Bryant is a 200 lb Senior that can run well, he has played OLB and RB, and he did not step on the field Friday night, but we have a kid that quit in spring, they finally talked him back into playing when school started, he has hardly practiced due to fictitious injuries, and guess what....he starts on our O line Friday night....

It is frustrating, but that one is over and done with, hopefully they can put it behind them and get ready for MoEast this Friday. Work hard, boys....

Edited by jake