Loudon @ William Blount

jake

The joke obviously sailed completely over your head. The PA announcer didn't say that he would like to introduce Loudon's punter to everyone to rub it in that the Redskins were punting, but rather to make a light-hearted joke at his own team's inability to stop the Loudon offense, given that WB had failed to stop the Redskins once all night until then. LOL

I figured that was the truth. There is no way Gary Stinnet would do anything classless. Gary is one of the best PA announcers in Tennessee. Gary is the WB Rock Star.

I always pull for all the Blount County teams no matter what because I know many of the kids and their families and hope them the best. I still see W.B. still green behind the ears with plenty of youth and that's why I expected Loudon to win last night. I also want to say this game has some of the proof why enrollment should never be the total determining factor on a group called the "Super 32" when a team like Loudon with 769 students and 164th from the top of the enrollment ladder beats a team with an enrollment of 1,722 on it's own field and ranks 31st from the top of the enrollment ladder. Simple fact from this shows why we should go back to three divisions or four at the most to bring back rivalries which bring out fans.

Oh yeah and the only thing more hilarious than the Blount county officials was when the PA announcer said we would like to introduce everyone to the Loudon punter ( classless BTW) in the 3rd quarter then muffs the punt! LOL

I'm the "classless" P.A. announcer.  When you all punted in the third quarter it was your first punt of the game.  My introduction was being complimentary of your team ...  not classless.  If anything, WB fans should have taken offense.  Sorry it didn't come across that way to you.  Your team played an incredible game last night and it certainly will not surprise me if the Redskins don't have a very productive season this year.  #3, #21, & #10 are the real deal.  And your kicker is definitely a weapon.  Good luck the rest of the way.  Once again, sorry you took offense ... it was certainly not my intent!

• Upvote 1

I'm the "classless" P.A. announcer.  When you all punted in the third quarter it was your first punt of the game.  My introduction was being complimentary of your team ...  not classless.  If anything, WB fans should have taken offense.  Sorry it didn't come across that way to you.  Your team played an incredible game last night and it certainly will not surprise me if the Redskins don't have a very productive season this year.  #3, #21, & #10 are the real deal.  And your kicker is definitely a weapon.  Good luck the rest of the way.  Once again, sorry you took offense ... it was certainly not my intent!

It takes something above a room temperature IQ to appreciate any kind of humor other than 3 stooges slapstick, I'd say all of your detractors would fall below the threshold. Don't change a thing, a good announcer really adds to the game. You may well have given the WB faithful one of the few reasons to smile last night.

Oh yeah and the only thing more hilarious than the Blount county officials was when the PA announcer said we would like to introduce everyone to the Loudon punter ( classless BTW) in the 3rd quarter then muffs the punt! LOL

I remember you making some ridiculous posts after the State Championship game , but this right here is the grand prize winner in " Clueless Posting " !! The PA Announcer you're calling Classless is well known in the entire Maryville / Blount County area as one of the Classiest guys around ... 

Very disappointed with my govs last night. Defense got ran over. Big holes and the Loudon back took full advantage. He is very good. Offense has potential to score some points this season and if nothing changes it may take 45 to win one. Personnel, scheme, or both will have to be changed on d for WB to win a game this year. Myric looked better at QB IMO . He looks at more than just one receiver. WB came out the second half and looked fired up. The muffed punt was the end for WB, it took away all momentum they got from the big stop. I got the joke Govman! Awesome seeing IMO the best overall athlete ever in Blount county Chris Whitehead get put in the hall of fame. Miss him everyday.

Dude, like I said Loudon won and that's all that matters. But the fact is we only lost by 12 points and we muffed a punt and threw an interception in the 2nd half. If we didn't make those mistakes when we did we could have won that game. But we did.. And lost... All I know is if the shoe was on the other foot and loudon lost by 12 and threw an interception and had a muffed punt they would be talking about it just like I am. H*ll when maryville lost in the championship in 2012 all they talked about for months was how the ref was the reason they lost. And Whitehaven's RB had gashed them for over 300 yards too. But I can understand why maryville fans felt the way they did! That's what fans do... They are going to rationalize why they lost by examining the mistakes their team made. And the fans of the winning team are to have their own point of view about what happened. That's just the way it is.

Gov91 , I have no idea how you think you guys getting beat pretty convincingly against a team much smaller than your School,  has anything to do with a State Championship game that was won in Overtime ... 

Well What a great win for Loudon, Unacceptable for WB. Loudon come out an busted Blount in the mouth and are due all the credit for the win. Coach Harrig has been one of the best in the area for years, just unfortunate to be in same region/classification as Alcoa(but he fixed that)..

WB gives up 205 to Jackson in the 1st half, finishes with 220.. WB gave up 28 pts in the first half and 3 in the 2nd half, I think WB made the adjustments they needed to on defense to win the game...

Loudon was 3/3 on 4th downs that killed WB, and a muffed punt hurt WBs lil bit of momentum .

Things that didn't go WB way

1.Deflected pass that hit MLB in the hands that landed in Fergusons lap for a TD

2.Fumble on the 5 yard line

3.Interception in the Endzone

4.Muffed punt

If those things go in WB favor it may have been a different outcome, but they didn't and Loudon deserves the credit for making the plays to win the game. 

Coaches: First Half Ridge said they didn't call a great half and it showed, play calling was better in the 2nd but just didn't make enough plays. The drive that started with WB down 31-19 with 9 minutes to go is the drive I look back on as the most important drive, Tipton had ran well most of the game and with the ball on WB 30 facing 3 and 4 I think if u give tipton a chance he may keep the chains moving, instead back to back incompletions and loudon gets a short field...

I wouldn't get too hype if im heritage , WB is better than they showed and I cant ever see HHS beating WB(since ive been around WB football it hasn't happened so why this year?..make me believe I guess is what im trying to say)

Good luck Loudon stay healthy and u will be in the playoffs.

WB fans See ya at MO EAST