Football and Wrestling

mjgIII

Ok bigearl lol

Okay I will actually answer your question. A big thing is in football practice, you're not always involved in the drill. Especially when you're in team sessions. However, in wrestling, you're always involved in practice, whether it's drilling or live wrestling or running. Wrestling is constant movement and activity. Not only all that, wrestling establishments generally have the heaters turned on. Wrestling has conditioning during the whole practice. Football has designated parts of the practice where we do wind sprints or other types of conditioning. However, imagine wrestling as constantly pass and run blocking for several minutes straight. Now imagine a practice full of that with running, hot stoves (or up downs), and one, if any, water break.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hearing about the dieting aspect and how the practices are draining but what about injuries? According to statistics I just read Football has the highest rate of injury for any sport. It has 12 times as many injuries as basketball, which ranks #2 for most injuries. 1/3 of those injuries being knee injuries. When I was in school I don't recall

ever seeing wrestlers in casts or on crutches but you see football players getting badly hurt every season. In my opinion there is no question that football is "tougher" on a person's body.

My apologies for double posting, but just saw this. Just because something causes more injuries doesn't mean it's any less tiring or difficult. I'm sure most football players much prefer playing actual football or practice as opposed to, say just conditioning or lifting weights. But injuries say little about how hard a sport is, as football consists of people taking head starts and running into each other. And wrestling rarely has any collisions, unless its a slam onto the mat. I have wrestled for a lesser amount of time than I have played football and I enjoy football 10x as much as wrestling, but there's literally nothing that compares to wrestling practices and matches. Not soccer, not basketball, and not football.

You guys are very passionate about wrasslin, so I'll take the bait. Having tried to wrassle one year in high school, I'll agree that wrassling practice is unbelievably tough for those who are serious. But...a difference I see is that in football when the guy you are "wrasslin" puts you on the back of your shoulder blades, the match isnt't over. You must get back in the huddle and wrassle him again in 30 seconds. Each round is minuscule compared to a wrasslin round, but you may have to line up 40+ times against somebody meaner, quicker, stronger, much heavier, and better than you. That also takes some determination.

If you're Wrasslin MommaStarz for the last Piece of Chicken in the Buffet Line I totally agree Wrasslin is much Tougher !!

I bet mommastars would bring out the folding chair, and the loaded boot, to get that last piece of chicken.

Edited by jake