govs vs heritage

In my opinion 1A doesnt have ANYTHING to do with it.If a man can coach he can coach.GB teams have took many 2A thru 5A teams down thru the yrs.Its about getting the most out of what you have and no excuses.WB will never get a coach within their league to coach there especially a proven winner.The program has been down too long and look who is in their district.I expect a change after this season but who do you get???Who will come there and coach?

They got meadows didn't they?

In my opinion 1A doesnt have ANYTHING to do with it.If a man can coach he can coach.GB teams have took many 2A thru 5A teams down thru the yrs.Its about getting the most out of what you have and no excuses.WB will never get a coach within their league to coach there especially a proven winner.The program has been down too long and look who is in their district.I expect a change after this season but who do you get???Who will come there and coach?

Classification does have a whole lot to do with it whether you want to believe it or not. If I remember correctly you told me before the season that Greenback has 27 or 28 players dressed out for football. Well WB has close to 70 players dressed out and alot more than that if you include the freshman team. Now I'm not an expert by any means but it seems to me that it would be much easier to manage 28 boys than it would be to manage 70+. Then you have to consider the H.C's supporting staff. GB has a much better staff overall, WB has a bunch of younger guys who are inexperienced. You also have to think about the competition each school is up against. WB plays some of the best teams that 5A and 6A have to offer, GB doesn't. Also Greenback has a winning tradition. The culture of winning is firmly entrenched down there and WB hasn't had a winning season in almost a decade. So it's easy to see how much harder it is to win at WB. And it should be easy to understand how a young guy like Ridge might have been in over his head when he came here. But there's still alot of this season left to play and there's still 4 or 5 games that we can probably win. But if we can't win some games and finish the season on a positive note Ridge will definitely have some tough decisions to make. The fact of the matter is this fan base is sick and tired of losing. People are already losing faith in our coaches.I have been hearing lots of rumbling at the games this year and it will only get worse if we don't win a few of the upcoming games. If worst comes to worse and we lose to heritage I can't even imagine how WB fans will react. I don't envy Ridge right now, he is between a rock and a hard place. I will always support my team win or lose regardless of who is coaching but most fans are fickle. I really hope Ridge can get it turned around because he loves this school and is a good guy but I just don't know if that's going to happen. All I can do is hope at this point. Edited by Governors91

If he quits and stays AD nobody above age 30 will take that job. They had a choice last time and they made it. Live with it!!!

That's a crappy thing to say. The admins made that decision, not WB supporters. And what does his age have anything to do with it? If he steps down quality coaches will be interested in the job. Especially if they move down to 5A next year. If that happens WB would be a great gig because they could be in contention for the district championship almost immediately if they get a good coach. And my guess is Meadows would still be open to coming back if they called him up. He liked WB and wouldn't have left if the money catholic was offering wasn't too much to pass up. And doesn't he still live in Blount County? Or did he move to Sevier County? I know he still lived here when he was at catholic.

That's a crappy thing to say. The admins made that decision, not WB supporters. And what does his age have anything to do with it? If he steps down quality coaches will be interested in the job. Especially if they move down to 5A next year. If that happens WB would be a great gig because they could be in contention for the district championship almost immediately if they get a good coach. And my guess is Meadows would still be open to coming back if they called him up. He liked WB and wouldn't have left if the money catholic was offering wasn't too much to pass up. And doesn't he still live in Blount County? Or did he move to Sevier County? I know he still lived here when he was at catholic.

Bet you any amount of $ that Meadows isn't coming back.

Bet you any amount of $ that Meadows isn't coming back.

I never said he was coming back. I just said I bet that he would be open to it if they called him up. Since they turned him down this last time I don't see him coming and applying for the job. I think our people would have to call him up. The question is would they do it? I don't know.. But I bet he would come back if they did.

I never said he was coming back. I just said I bet that he would be open to it if they called him up. Since they turned him down this last time I don't see him coming and applying for the job. I think our people would have to call him up. The question is would they do it? I don't know.. But I bet he would come back if they did.

You are wrong on many fronts.

Given the fact that he wanted the job back during the time they hired Ridge it's not a stretch to believe he would come back "if" they asked him to. But even if he didn't they could still get a quality coach. Especially if they move down to 5A.

He ain't coming back no matter who calls. That I can promise.

The big problem Ridge has is when you take over a head coaching position with the county you inherit the former coaches staff. Not meaning to put anyone down but from the past it's been like adopting his children you don't want and in the end there goes the marriage. I've known coaches on the personal level from the past that have told me what they didn't like about their job and how this had a big hand in limiting their ability with either one of those programs. I don't see Justin Ridge leaving by any means and I wouldn't get on here putting that idea in people's heads. WB is a young team and they will come around but I do believe their future is next year not 2014. I made that judgement from the Catholic game this spring. I saw a young group play that day that looked very good and I expect them to come around in 2015.

WB is a young team and they will come around but I do believe their future is next year not 2014. I made that judgement from the Catholic game this spring. I saw a young group play that day that looked very good and I expect them to come around in 2015.

I have thought the same thing every year since '09 but it's always the same thing. We always have the talent there but we always end up with a losing record. Before this season started I envisioned us being 2-1 at this point in the season but we are 0-3. I thought this year would go smoother than last year and we would win more games. I shrugged off last year and blamed it on our team having a new coach and a new system. I figured that the coaches and players would be on the same page by now and we would see less sloppiness and mistakes. But it's the same ole same ole.. No.. I take that back.. Things have gotten worse. We haven't started 0-3 since '08 when injuries killed us. I do not think youth or inexperience is our problem because we have had talented and experienced starters in the past and lost to teams that were younger and more inexperienced. Just to drive that point home further the defensive line is the most experienced unit on this year's team and our defense hasn't been good at all. They showed improvement in the last game but it remains to be seen if they will show consistent improvement throughout this year. The bottom line is we have the talent to win more games than we have been winning and it's getting to the point where I am having trouble getting excited about the future of this program. I guess years of disappointment will do that to a man. I am fully aware that we have plenty of talented young guys on this team and I know the new middle school team will help out alot but I am still having problems getting excited about that because we have had the potential to be a respectable team every year and it never happens. Like I said I really hope that this coaching staff can right the ship but I just don't know if it's gonna happen.

I have thought the same thing every year since '09 but it's always the same thing. We always have the talent there but we always end up with a losing record. Before this season started I envisioned us being 2-1 at this point in the season but we are 0-3. I thought this year would go smoother than last year and we would win more games. I shrugged off last year and blamed it on our team having a new coach and a new system. I figured that the coaches and players would be on the same page by now and we would see less sloppiness and mistakes. But it's the same ole same ole.. No.. I take that back.. Things have gotten worse. We haven't started 0-3 since '08 when injuries killed us. I do not think youth or inexperience is our problem because we have had talented and experienced starters in the past and lost to teams that were younger and more inexperienced. Just to drive that point home further the defensive line is the most experienced unit on this year's team and our defense hasn't been good at all. They showed improvement in the last game but it remains to be seen if they will show consistent improvement throughout this year. The bottom line is we have the talent to win more games than we have been winning and it's getting to the point where I am having trouble getting excited about the future of this program. I guess years of disappointment will do that to a man. I am fully aware that we have plenty of talented young guys on this team and I know the new middle school team will help out alot but I am still having problems getting excited about that because we have had the potential to be a respectable team every year and it never happens. Like I said I really hope that this coaching staff can right the ship but I just don't know if it's gonna happen.

91 i have to say that is one of the best post you have ever posted(that i have read)you really make good sense.