DB at Sevier Co.

tennesseestud2013

Your receivers will be running wide open all night. DB hangs their pass defense hopes on its pass rush. Hoping to put pressure on the quarterback and force him to make a bad throw to a wide open and out of position defensive back.

A coach Clark staple 

Deuce is not the most mobile QB we've ever had so it will be up to our offensive line and coordinator to give him enough time to throw. Hopefully he and the receivers are a little more in sync than last week.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your receivers will be running wide open all night. DB hangs their pass defense hopes on its pass rush. Hoping to put pressure on the quarterback and force him to make a bad throw to a wide open and out of position defensive back.

If this is a normal SC offensive line,getting a pass rush with the front four will not be an easy task.That leaves DB with picking it's poison .I just don't think we can sit back and try to cover unless we want to give up 400 in the air.When you do bring the house it's a 50/50 at best.Not trying to be smart but I'd say the best defense is keeping SC's offense on the bench and manage the clock to our advantage '' if we can ".

Hey WaCoJaCo when do you come out with your absolutely, positively correct weekly poll? 

Well I have dropped that from my program. There was a certain DB "fan" that got so upset over the poll that he quit posting on Coach T.

and the poll always looked like this:

The WaCoJaCo 100% correct 6A TOP 10

1) MARYVILLE

2) whoever

3) whoever

4) whoever

5) whoever

6) whoever

7) whoever

8) whoever

9) whoever

10) whoever

If this is a normal SC offensive line,getting a pass rush with the front four will not be an easy task.That leaves DB with picking it's poison .I just don't think we can sit back and try to cover unless we want to give up 400 in the air.When you do bring the house it's a 50/50 at best.Not trying to be smart but I'd say the best defense is keeping SC's offense on the bench and manage the clock to our advantage '' if we can ".

To be fair to Clark, I have only seen one team be able to consistently slow or stop our passing attack and they reside in blount county. Honestly, most high school coaches just can't teach their players to properly play the secondary against a good passing offense. DB does just about as well anybody with their blitzing strategy. It's worked pretty well at times in the past and will again tonight if our coordinator and line are not up to the task.

DB's clock management offense looks a lot like their prevent offense. I've seen them win a few games like that but it has also led to some of the most embarrassing loses in DB football history. It came within inches of losing the game at Farragut a few weeks ago. They better open it up and go full bore and use everything they got. The clock is rarely a friend of DB football.

Well I have dropped that from my program. There was a certain DB "fan" that got so upset over the poll that he quit posting on Coach T.

and the poll always looked like this:

The WaCoJaCo 100% correct 6A TOP 10

1) MARYVILLE

2) first loser

3) doesn't matter

4) who cares

5) no hope

6) over by halftime

7) practice drill

8) playoff fodder

9) over before it started

10) tackling dummy