3-0 Campbell County vs. 3-0 Anderson County preview

Mav4life

AC has a kicker who has the capabiltity to put it in the end zone, but he only does it about 1-6 kickoffs and our coverage has not been the greatest the past 2 games, we have not had any brought back, but there have been some close ones.  When we try to put it in the endzone it is kind of a low line driver so that is dangerous if it comes up short because the returner has a lot of field in front of him before coverage can get there.  In the Clinton game the coverage looked pretty good.  Our punt team has done a pretty good job so far this season, punter looks pretty good and has shown sparks of really being able to boot them well.  Our return teams are pretty good, the kickoff return so far has done a good job of setting the walls and we have had some nice returns this year and had one against Clinton go to about the 5.  Our FG kicker has a strong leg he is 100% on PAT's this year and is 1 for 2 on attempted FG's, he hit one for about 31 yards against AE that might have been good from 40+, but he topped the ball on a 40 yard attempt last week against Gibbs so we did not really get to see the leg, but I would think that anything under 35 or so yards if the down and distance is right we may consider the FG attempt as oppose to going for it on 4th down.  According to CC Campbell County's kicking game has not been great and may be a real weakness for their team, he said that they do not attempt to return punts and just play it safe and on kickoffs they do a lot of Pooch kicks giving up a lot of real estate and that their punt team has not been real effective.  They may have just been trying to keep the kickoffs out of the hands of the Central returners so that may have just been game planning, I am not sure, but that is just what he said, other than what I have seen in the small portion of the central game I do not know but I am hoping to have some time this evening to watch the entire game so I may know more after that.

Mav4 answered it pretty good. I've seen CC a couple games now and of course there wasn't any punting in the first two games. As far as feild goals and PAT's, I think CC in in pretty good shape. But long snapping, and punting looked like it was the first time they'd ever lined up to practice it.

I heard the pooch kicks are designed for placement and coverage in small area using sideline as a defender. As for the punt return game, I just don't get it. Been watching them for 3 years now and think I've seen one return of a punt. They say bad things happen when u return punts and they want to stay away from turnover and just get the offense on the field. I personally think with the speed of the wideouts, CC is not taking advantage of the return game. They put Toress and miller or Elkins back there but never field a punt? Why? I'd just line up in defense or bum rush the punter? I can't argue with the results but it will bite them one day. I remember letting the ball bounce vs OAK last year late in the game and it almost got them then. Instead of fielding punt at the 20, they let it roll all the way to the four. CC punted and oak got it in CC territory, but turned it over. Could've been huge win for Oak.

Mav4 answered it pretty good. I've seen CC a couple games now and of course there wasn't any punting in the first two games. As far as feild goals and PAT's, I think CC in in pretty good shape. But long snapping, and punting looked like it was the first time they'd ever lined up to practice it.

I heard the pooch kicks are designed for placement and coverage in small area using sideline as a defender. As for the punt return game, I just don't get it. Been watching them for 3 years now and think I've seen one return of a punt. They say bad things happen when u return punts and they want to stay away from turnover and just get the offense on the field. I personally think with the speed of the wideouts, CC is not taking advantage of the return game. They put Toress and miller or Elkins back there but never field a punt? Why? I'd just line up in defense or bum rush the punter? I can't argue with the results but it will bite them one day. I remember letting the ball bounce vs OAK last year late in the game and it almost got them then. Instead of fielding punt at the 20, they let it roll all the way to the four. CC punted and oak got it in CC territory, but turned it over. Could've been huge win for Oak.

You nailed it crazy. It blows my mind! As far as our punting, I find it hard to believe that we don't have one kid amongst the 77 that can't punt the ball 35 yds with just a little hang time. That will cost us a game by seasons end.

It isn't a shot at any AC fan it's just the truth. And I did say y'all have a solid program.

So I will say last 22 years but after this year 23 years Oak Ridge has done nothing thats the truth because they have not won the state champ..lol But OR is a solid program. If they dont get beat by Campbell County again....lol 

Edited by Space3

I think CC will field some punts this year. I know they fielded a few against the gap. Any time Torres or Elkins touches the ball it is a possibility they will take it to the house.

You are correct if theu are playing lynn camp but they will half to stop AC first and I dont see them stoping them. Tell Lake city middle goodluck this week idk who they play but they have been a lot of middle school talk on here.

Edited by Space3

Ok. Heard today that CC has a transfer kid in and he's eligible as of today and will play Friday night. Apparently they've moved to Norris's lake a couple weeks ago. He's from ohio and plays running back. He's 6-1, 210. Played for moller high in Cincinnati. He's a verbal commitment to Norte dame as a jr. Catches the ball well and had 1400 yards running and 645 receiving. Second team all ohio. Heard CC will run some I formation just for him. Wow!!!