Where Has Riverdale's Once Proud Program Gone?

warrior82dad

Perhaps the SID could shed some light on the number of college players under the two coaches.  I maintain that Rankin left the team fully loaded when he left. Excellent talent, especially on the lines.

Rankin seldom had a lot of D1 stars around. There were a few.  He did have a very well prepared and coached football team.

Who was the AD in Rankin's era?

I was at a school meeting (not an meeting for athletes) for parents of Juniors last night and the NCAA clearing house was on the agenda. This was presented by a school advisor not in the athletic department.

Rankin was also the AD.

Hubbard, I am VERY glad the school has started emphasizing it FINALLY. This was brought out in the open after the 2004 season when a BUNCH of players found out about the clearing house by the efforts of a few parents.

I know one vocal parent that brought it out on here REAL WELL!

Edited by Lost Old Dad

Perhaps the SID could shed some light on the number of college players under the two coaches.  I maintain that Rankin left the team fully loaded when he left. Excellent talent, especially on the lines.

Rankin seldom had a lot of D1 stars around. There were a few.  He did have a very well prepared and coached football team.

The '94 team was LOADED with D1 athletes. Not sure about the others, though.

Yep. I knew I was leaving one off

I was on the 94 OR team. Our DC was also. He told his dad when they went out for the coin toss that our guys were intimidated by how huge Peebles, Coppeans, and a few of the other guys for Riverdale were at the coin toss. Said "Da*& it's going to be a long night to themselves" lol we actually ended up giving them one of their best games that year, though.

I was on the 94 OR team. Our DC was also. He told his dad when they went out for the coin toss that our guys were intimidated by how huge Peebles, Coppeans, and a few of the other guys for Riverdale were at the coin toss. Said "Da*& it's going to be a long night to themselves" lol we actually ended up giving them one of their best games that year, though.

Crazy thing is the least heralded of the group (Bryant) is the one that went on to have a decent NFL career. I think it speaks to the quality of football in TN that a team like 94 Riverdale had to struggle to win those last 2 games. A team like that in 6A now would win every game by the mercy rule because TNHS Football is spread too thin

Crazy thing is the least heralded of the group (Bryant) is the one that went on to have a decent NFL career. I think it speaks to the quality of football in TN that a team like 94 Riverdale had to struggle to win those last 2 games. A team like that in 6A now would win every game by the mercy rule because TNHS Football is spread too thin

Sadly, you're right. I agree 100%. Us and Germantown gave them tough games.