Where Has Riverdale's Once Proud Program Gone?

warrior82dad

Blaze45, please take the time to enjoy the time you get to watch him. I say this as a Dad who loved watching my son the 4 years he started at R'dale. I thought that was pretty good seeing he never played any organized sport until he started Spring practice at R'dale.

Yes, the coaching staff worked with the incoming Freshmen after school every day until they could start them as regular practicing players.

Seeing things like this being gone is just one other thing that has me disappointed with the current program. YES, the T$$AA is part of the problem with their making a once great sport into something girls could play.

Yes, I am also NOT a fan of the T$$AA!

It is h...eck getting old and seeing the world I loved and grew up in going away. I do love the ROUND bales of hay though. Putting 2000+ of square bales a day into a hot hay loft was a royal pain! The LINE Coach that ran our haying crew loved it though. He got to drive the tractor and truck!

BUMP!!! Awesome post LOD!! 

Well I guess that depends on which path most schools take ... right here on the Riverdale threads are two prime examples of two different ways to go about building a Strong Program ... on one side you have Lost Old Dad .... Old School , Hard Work , great work ethic .. nothing Given , everything earned ... take on all challengers , build depth , work out year round , establish good relationships with middle Schools and support area youth leagues ... hmmm , that actually sounds just like Maryville ..... then on the other side of the spectrum you have Warrior82Dad ... Whine about other schools who beat you , try to change rules so your little boys don't have to take on those Bullies ... Eliminate any Competition which might have any kind of advantage over your School at all .... Cry loud enough to where the squeaky wheel gets greased and your team is given every advantage they can get ... hmmmmm The sad thing is , everything Lost Old Dad says is true , but in our society today a lot of People look down on the Values LOD preach , and worry about having too much pressure on their Little boys and want everything made easier for them ... sad world we live in .... 

funny thing is Pep  they did change the rules and the zonings to eliminate and bring us down.  They bus kids 15-20 minutes away instead 5 -10 minutes to RIVERDALE.  We are the ONLY school in the county that does not have a feeder school.  That is ok.  

As far as working I no longer have a son on the team so i will be more visible now.  My son was better than I thought he would be but he wasn't good enough to start.  I do not know how much work he put in but the coaches want to win and if they felt my son was the best choice they would have started him.  I was also proud of my son when I asked him if the guy ahead of him was better he said yes.  Most kids do not respond like that they blame the coaches so I was proud of him for accepting accountability.  I was also proud of him for not quitting when a younger player beat him out.  

The only time i was upset about his playing time was the last game of the year against blackman and a running clock in the 4th QTR i thought they should have given him some playing time there along with all the other 2nd teamers 

I LOVE MY WARRIORS I will still go to games and support them like i have since i was in school there in 89 

GO WARRIORS

funny thing is Pep they did change the rules and the zonings to eliminate and bring us down. They bus kids 15-20 minutes away instead 5 -10 minutes to RIVERDALE. We are the ONLY school in the county that does not have a feeder school. That is ok.

As far as working I no longer have a son on the team so i will be more visible now. My son was better than I thought he would be but he wasn't good enough to start. I do not know how much work he put in but the coaches want to win and if they felt my son was the best choice they would have started him. I was also proud of my son when I asked him if the guy ahead of him was better he said yes. Most kids do not respond like that they blame the coaches so I was proud of him for accepting accountability. I was also proud of him for not quitting when a younger player beat him out.

The only time i was upset about his playing time was the last game of the year against blackman and a running clock in the 4th QTR i thought they should have given him some playing time there along with all the other 2nd teamers

I LOVE MY WARRIORS I will still go to games and support them like i have since i was in school there in 89

GO WARRIORS

Awesome post. Nothing but RESPECT from me to your son for being a team player!!

Blaze45, please take the time to enjoy the time you get to watch him. I say this as a Dad who loved watching my son the 4 years he started at R'dale. I thought that was pretty good seeing he never played any organized sport until he started Spring practice at R'dale.

Yes, the coaching staff worked with the incoming Freshmen after school every day until they could start them as regular practicing players.

Seeing things like this being gone is just one other thing that has me disappointed with the current program. YES, the T$$AA is part of the problem with their making a once great sport into something girls could play.

Yes, I am also NOT a fan of the T$$AA!

It is h...eck getting old and seeing the world I loved and grew up in going away. I do love the ROUND bales of hay though. Putting 2000+ of square bales a day into a hot hay loft was a royal pain! The LINE Coach that ran our haying crew loved it though. He got to drive the tractor and truck!

I get the greatest joy watching him work.  I always enjoy your point of view and look forward to your post and opinion. Even when you pick against my Blackman Blaze. 

funny thing is Pep  they did change the rules and the zonings to eliminate and bring us down.  They bus kids 15-20 minutes away instead 5 -10 minutes to RIVERDALE.  We are the ONLY school in the county that does not have a feeder school.  That is ok.  

As far as working I no longer have a son on the team so i will be more visible now.  My son was better than I thought he would be but he wasn't good enough to start.  I do not know how much work he put in but the coaches want to win and if they felt my son was the best choice they would have started him.  I was also proud of my son when I asked him if the guy ahead of him was better he said yes.  Most kids do not respond like that they blame the coaches so I was proud of him for accepting accountability.  I was also proud of him for not quitting when a younger player beat him out.  

GO WARRIORS

Man I love these Stories , your son later in Life will look back at his time in High School and he will be Proud that he didn't quit on his teammates . Football is the Greatest Sport on Earth I think , because it takes so many different kind of Players to make a Team Great ! The Kids who are out there busting their Butts for 4 Years who might not be quite big enough , or fast enough to be the Star , but they sure can help their team get better every day by giving the First-teamers as much Competition as they can at every Practice .  I can tell a bunch of Stories of 2nd or 3rd String kids doing things in Practice where the whole team , including the Starters and Coaches , will look at someone and give them a big nod of approval , earning the Respect of your Teammates is something that nobody understands unless you've actually been on a Football team . 

Maybe we should start a new thread about Unsung Heroes , and just how much they mean to a Football team .  

Well I guess that depends on which path most schools take ... right here on the Riverdale threads are two prime examples of two different ways to go about building a Strong Program ... on one side you have Lost Old Dad .... Old School , Hard Work , great work ethic .. nothing Given , everything earned ... take on all challengers , build depth , work out year round , establish good relationships with middle Schools and support area youth leagues ... hmmm , that actually sounds just like Maryville ..... then on the other side of the spectrum you have Warrior82Dad ... Whine about other schools who beat you , try to change rules so your little boys don't have to take on those Bullies ... Eliminate any Competition which might have any kind of advantage over your School at all .... Cry loud enough to where the squeaky wheel gets greased and your team is given every advantage they can get ... hmmmmm The sad thing is , everything Lost Old Dad says is true , but in our society today a lot of People look down on the Values LOD preach , and worry about having too much pressure on their Little boys and want everything made easier for them ... sad world we live in .... 

You have no clue. If youll look back im the one who started this thread. Ive been involved with this program before you were born with 2 sons on championship teams. One of which beat your almighty Maryville. One where in the this thread do you see anyone complaining about other schools. We as supporters who give our money and time are concerned about the decline in the program and LOD echos that sentiment that all of us do. Its aways amazing to us that a Maryville Coolaid drinker always sticks their opinion in where it isn't wanted. And yes, the days of Maryville dominating 6A are few.....TSSAA is meeting Tuesday to shake things up.....just read for yourself.  http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/2015/08/28/tssaa-proposal-move-schools-division-ii/71292810/