Where Has Riverdale's Once Proud Program Gone?

warrior82dad

Blind resume time:

Team #1  76-27 .738

Team #2  63-34 .649

Team #3  66-32 .673

Team #4  52-41 .559

Which team would you rank as the most successful over that time frame?

The time frame is 2006-present

Team #1 is Riverdale

Team #2 in Blackman

Team #3 is Oakland

Team #4 is Siegel

I have been following this thread, shaking my head from time to time and chuckling every now and then.  My first year at Riverdale was 1994. I was there when Lincoln County beat us in 1993 as a spectator. My oldest son was on the 1994 freshman team. The varsity team that year was pretty good and fun to watch. My son's 1997 team was pretty good too.

The 90s were glory days for Riverdale football.  Oakland baseball was pretty good around this same era.  The era of two high schools in Murfreesboro. Murfreesboro was growing.  People were moving in.  You had two schools to choose from. 

Now we have four schools to choose from in Murfreesboro.

Someone remarked how the opening of Stewarts Creek did not impact Riverdale.  It had a tremendous impact on Riverdale.

Check out the zones today: http://rutherfordcounty.tn.schoolwebpages.com/education/components/scrapbook

/default.php?sectiondetailid=16371&

Stewarts Creek took students from Blackman and other schools.  Their zones were moved.  Find Riverdale's zone.  Look at the map. You see the words Oakland, Siegel, Dual Zone and Blackman that were marked Riverdale just a few years ago.

All high school sports run in cycles. Some cycles last longer than others

For the comment that Riverdale 'choked' in the semis. We lost one year because we lost our starting quarterback the game before to an injury.  The opposing quarterback just led Vanderbilt to a thrilling come-from-behind victory on TV. Maryville had a pretty good running back as well.

Someone typed: "From year 4 on the teams have been losers due solely to WingT and lack of preparation by the HC..."

I wish people would actually use facts from time to time in their rants. :wub:

http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/football/tradition/21/58-coaching-history.html

Riverdale went 13-1 in year 6 (six) of the HC's tenure.

A lot of schools would love to be 76-27 over their last 103 games.(Including every other school in 7AAA).  A lot of schools would love to make it to one semi-final.

The 90s were a different time.  And 2 decades ago.  Kids are different.  Parents are different.   Opportunities are different.   20 years ago Eagleville didn't even have a football team.

As the S.I.D. at Riverdale, I can assure you that we take all of our sports seriously, for one simple reason. We want our kids (and remember, they are still kids) to have the best possible experience being student-athletes during their high school days.  From our awesome pep-rallies to trying to put the best presentation on for the fans and students to trying to have the best facilities we can have.

How tough is 7AAA you ask?  Blackman went 10-2 in 2009. Who eliminated them in the playoffs? Riverdale 31-7.  In 2010 they went 11-2. Who eliminated them that year?  Smyrna 20-14.

Last year Oakland went 12-1.  Who gave them that loss in game 13?  Blackman 17-3.

I now return you to your thread.  And will continue to occasionally shake my head or chuckle.... :popcorneater:

Good post. Seems to be some pretty solid perspective there.

Blind resume time:

Team #1  76-27 .738

Team #2  63-34 .649

Team #3  66-32 .673

Team #4  52-41 .559

Which team would you rank as the most successful over that time frame?

The time frame is 2006-present

Team #1 is Riverdale

Team #2 in Blackman

Team #3 is Oakland

Team #4 is Siegel

I have been following this thread, shaking my head from time to time and chuckling every now and then.  My first year at Riverdale was 1994. I was there when Lincoln County beat us in 1993 as a spectator. My oldest son was on the 1994 freshman team. The varsity team that year was pretty good and fun to watch. My son's 1997 team was pretty good too.

The 90s were glory days for Riverdale football.  Oakland baseball was pretty good around this same era.  The era of two high schools in Murfreesboro. Murfreesboro was growing.  People were moving in.  You had two schools to choose from. 

Now we have four schools to choose from in Murfreesboro.

Someone remarked how the opening of Stewarts Creek did not impact Riverdale.  It had a tremendous impact on Riverdale.

Check out the zones today: http://rutherfordcounty.tn.schoolwebpages.com/education/components/scrapbook

/default.php?sectiondetailid=16371&

Stewarts Creek took students from Blackman and other schools.  Their zones were moved.  Find Riverdale's zone.  Look at the map. You see the words Oakland, Siegel, Dual Zone and Blackman that were marked Riverdale just a few years ago.

All high school sports run in cycles. Some cycles last longer than others

For the comment that Riverdale 'choked' in the semis. We lost one year because we lost our starting quarterback the game before to an injury.  The opposing quarterback just led Vanderbilt to a thrilling come-from-behind victory on TV. Maryville had a pretty good running back as well.

Someone typed: "From year 4 on the teams have been losers due solely to WingT and lack of preparation by the HC..."

I wish people would actually use facts from time to time in their rants. :wub:

http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/football/tradition/21/58-coaching-history.html

Riverdale went 13-1 in year 6 (six) of the HC's tenure.

A lot of schools would love to be 76-27 over their last 103 games.(Including every other school in 7AAA).  A lot of schools would love to make it to one semi-final.

The 90s were a different time.  And 2 decades ago.  Kids are different.  Parents are different.   Opportunities are different.   20 years ago Eagleville didn't even have a football team.

As the S.I.D. at Riverdale, I can assure you that we take all of our sports seriously, for one simple reason. We want our kids (and remember, they are still kids) to have the best possible experience being student-athletes during their high school days.  From our awesome pep-rallies to trying to put the best presentation on for the fans and students to trying to have the best facilities we can have.

How tough is 7AAA you ask?  Blackman went 10-2 in 2009. Who eliminated them in the playoffs? Riverdale 31-7.  In 2010 they went 11-2. Who eliminated them that year?  Smyrna 20-14.

Last year Oakland went 12-1.  Who gave them that loss in game 13?  Blackman 17-3.

I now return you to your thread.  And will continue to occasionally shake my head or chuckle.... :popcorneater:

Great post David! GO WARRIORS!!!

Yes, but if you check it was with Rankin trained teams that SHOULD have been there that Coach A 'choked' with when he got to the semi's. From year 4 on the teams have been losers due solely to WingT and lack of preparation by the HC and his staff that he chose after he ran off the entire old Rankin staff. I think there is only one of the original Rankin staff left and that is only because he is also the HC of the track team!

W10 and Warhawks, I am still here, just not trying to get the blood pressure up. I spent the entire day yesterday at Vandy getting evaluated for a heart transplant that I have to have to survive. Getting mad about football is not worth the aggravation, but hearing 'delusions' and folks wanting to embellish records and history does not cut it. I am one of the few who did have front office at the Supers office info directly during the 98-2006 years! Sometimes it does matter who you bird hunt with!

What an idiot! Smh Lmbo!

I really like our young talent we have right now. I like our new offense better and to be honest I think this years team espcially defensively is the most we have been prepared in a while. We don't look surprised on defense we generally have someone around the ball

As a parent of a child that is a SR I am very proud of my son and his improvement during his 4years there. He isn't a starter and that is ok if the other guy is better the other guy is better but my son and the coaches have worked to improve his game and his improvement pushed the guy ahead of him and little things like that makes our team better. I think this is the best depth we have had on this team in a while and that will help get us back where we belong. I also think we will stop losing some of our players to other teams Over the next few years

Go WARRIORS

Great post riverdaleman! Besty wishes to your son and the Warriors fininshing out the rest of their season! GO WARRIORS!!!! :hungry:

Future is bright at Riverdale.  Freshmen won 79-41 over Siegel tonight. Yes, 79-41.  Freshmen are now 4-0, after winning 28-21 over Oakland, 48-7 over Smyrna (it was 42-0 in the first quarter), and 46-44 over Blackman,   Freshmen are fun to watch!  They play at Lavergne next Monday.

Thank you for the update on the freshman David! WOW!!! GO WARRIORS!!!!!

JV and Freshmen play Monday at Lavergne.  Fun to watch!  We start at 6:00 - come out and watch the future Warriors.

Thank you David! I wish I could come watch the younger Warrior teams play! Please continue the updates! I live in Illinois and usually get to one game down in Warrior Country to watch the varsity play! Sure do miss living in the Boro though and hope to move back down once we retire! We loved living in TN!! GO WARRIORS! Best wishes to Freshman and JV on Monday!! GO WARRIORS!!!