Where Has Riverdale's Once Proud Program Gone?

warrior82dad

He is a good tutor. My uncle has tried to get me to take his "how to be a farmer" class, but I didn't want to get on peta's bad side. Huge Freeze is what they call him in certain areas because he is somewhat of a hypocrite!

qb#7 eye heer yore unkull haz chainged hiz cullers frum red and blaick two Jon Dear green and yeller....Speekin' ov Hue Frezz, cents he got Richmond two Ole Miss, eye'm shore thait saim unkull wood like Martinas Rankin two K-Town...... B)

Edited by STARSNBARS

qb#7 eye heer yore unkull haz chainged hiz cullers frum red and blaick two Jon Dear green and yeller....Speekin' ov Hue Frezz, cents he got Richmond two Ole Miss, eye'm shore thait saim unkull wood like Martinas Rankin two K-Town...... B)

I'm sure a bunch of folks in k'town would love to have that cat. He's leaning toward boomer sooner though. K'town doesn't come round very much. Scared of splitting 8's!

Lets face it. There is a problem in this county with musical schools and its something TSSAA should look into. There is a lot of living with my aunty going on here. I know of at least 5 current players who live in the Riverdale zone who are playing for Oakland, siegel and Blackman. You've got coaches in the middle school ranks feeding players to other zoned areas. Its amazing how many seem to move in there 9th grade year. As for all you East Tennessee Rankin haters, he developed this program in our area from the peewee ranks all the way up. He reloaded every year with quality talent. No mediocre transfers from Nashville schools. Its the program that's lacking,the system. All you have to do is look up and down the sideline to see smaller sized, slower players. A good program creates good players. A good coaches developes good players. This coach is doing neither and he has to go....

Lets face it. There is a problem in this county with musical schools and its something TSSAA should look into. There is a lot of living with my aunty going on here. I know of at least 5 current players who live in the Riverdale zone who are playing for Oakland, siegel and Blackman. You've got coaches in the middle school ranks feeding players to other zoned areas. Its amazing how many seem to move in there 9th grade year. As for all you East Tennessee Rankin haters, he developed this program in our area from the peewee ranks all the way up. He reloaded every year with quality talent. No mediocre transfers from Nashville schools. Its the program that's lacking,the system. All you have to do is look up and down the sideline to see smaller sized, slower players. A good program creates good players. A good coaches developes good players. This coach is doing neither and he has to go....

So in your opinion why did Rankin leave Riverdale when he did?

HAHAHAHA!!!! You know times have changed when you hear Riverdale fans complain about "zone jumping".  Please release these names and have the TSSAA look into it.  Funny part is that all of the members of the Oakland staff that came from Riverdale learned it from WHO?  If you can't win/recruit at Oakland with the IB program, you aren't trying. 

Bottom line is Riverdale fans got spoiled for 10-15 years and are having a hard time adjusting.  They have seen the addition of 3 new schools that have affected their zones (although SC was minor).  These schools have over 5500 students total in them.  It is hard for them to accept that this had a HUGE impact on their talent pool.  Rankin saw it, every other school saw it, but Riverdale fans choose not to see it.  Rankin might have squeezed another run out those first 2 years he left,but we'll never know. 

Riverdale has a good coach, but nobody will ever be acceptable after Rankin and his success.  He won a championship at Hillsboro, but he didn't do it at Riverdale so it doesn't count.  The landscape in Rutherford County has changed, and will never be the same.  Imagine their moaning when Rockvale High opens in the next 5-10 years further taking the talent pool away.  There will never be a run like that in this county again.  Maybe a 2-3 year spurt, but 10-15 years is in the past.

Edited by blazeburnin

HAHAHAHA!!!! You know times have changed when you hear Riverdale fans complain about "zone jumping". Please release these names and have the TSSAA look into it. Funny part is that all of the members of the Oakland staff that came from Riverdale learned it from WHO? If you can't win/recruit at Oakland with the IB program, you aren't trying.

Bottom line is Riverdale fans got spoiled for 10-15 years and are having a hard time adjusting. They have seen the addition of 3 new schools that have affected their zones (although SC was minor). These schools have over 5500 students total in them. It is hard for them to accept that this had a HUGE impact on their talent pool. Rankin saw it, every other school saw it, but Riverdale fans choose not to see it. Rankin might have squeezed another run out those first 2 years he left,but we'll never know.

Riverdale has a good coach, but nobody will ever be acceptable after Rankin and his success. He won a championship at Hillsboro, and who was it he beat in the Finals....oh yeah, Maryville....but he didn't do it at Riverdale so it doesn't count. The landscape in Rutherford County has changed, and will never be the same. Imagine their moaning when Rockvale High opens in the next 5-10 years further taking the talent pool away. There will never be a run like that in this county again. Maybe a 2-3 year spurt, but 10-15 years is in the past.

Agree with most of it, BUT, Aydelott never beat Maryville. He lost to them in 2001 and 2002 and beat Morristown West in 2003. It was Scott Blade (now at Independence) that beat Maryville in 2008.

Just to clear it up.

Agree with most of it, BUT, Aydelott never beat Maryville. He lost to them in 2001 and 2002 and beat Morristown West in 2003. It was Scott Blade (now at Independence) that beat Maryville in 2008.

Just to clear it up.

I stand corrected, you are right.  Brain cramp, I guess.  Thanks for clearing that up...comment has been removed.

Great comments blazeburnin! This county just keeps growing it's incredible! So with that said I think the 7aaa dominance will continue because of the big numbers. Plus the people moving in like the elementary to HS set up RC has started. As I said in an earlier post Coach A's philosophy has without a doubt knocked Warrior football 2 steps backward. But his changes this season has put them back in the fray. Relax Maryville guys, ur team is still #1 until u get beat. I'm just saying most yrs.the road to the championship will come through the boro.