Where Has Riverdale's Once Proud Program Gone?

warrior82dad

PotKettleBlack.jpg

:mrgreen:

haha. Very funny.. I'm not delusional though. I believe that WB should be atleast 5-5 or 6-4 most years and regularly make the playoffs. We have the talent to do that and more here. I don't think that's asking too much. Every coach we had between '97 and '2007 was able to do that, why couldn't gregory do that? And why were we 2-8 last year and sitting at 0-3 right now under Ridge? There's no excuse for it. I expect a respectable ball team, i'm not asking for miracles. Edited by Governors91

If Gov91 was told Rankin would be coming to WB after leaving Alcoa he would be ecstatic. Don't kid yourself, 91.

Compared to what we have had the past 7 years? Heck yeah I would! But I wouldn't be expecting that we would be winning championships all of a sudden. Some of the Riverdale fans seem to think they would still be just as dominant if he was there. That's delusional. The reason Riverdale isn't as strong is because every single team in their district (with the exception of lavergne) is good and can win the district and could make it to the semis in any given year. Edited by Governors91

Most teams around the state wish they had Riverdale's pitiful program  :rolleyes: High School football and high school sports in general normally run in the cycles. When you have  that cycle of talent you have to make the best of the opportunity, because the talent will eventually cycle out again. No matter how good your "system" is.  We missed our opportunity a couple of times most recently 2007-2008. There is no way that anyone should have beat our team that year. We were smashing an Independence team nearly half time  of the state semis 21-7 and driving to score again averaging 8 yards per carry. Then for some unknown reason we put the ball in the air. The rest is history. Independence came back to win by 1.  I hope to see another cycle in my life-time. It's a ton of fun.

All u outsiders can run your mouth all u want but u'll never understand! Even u Maryville fans. Riverdale was dominant way before u guys. When u have the kind of program Riverdale and Maryville has had to be average is not only unacceptable but simply not tolerated.

This is the attitude u have to have for your program to be dominant. Do the players and coaches feel the same way?

All u outsiders can run your mouth all u want but u'll never understand! Even u Maryville fans. Riverdale was dominant way before u guys. When u have the kind of program Riverdale and Maryville has had to be average is not only unacceptable but simply not tolerated.

Maryville was dominant in the 70s. Won 3 State titles in the 70s.

Reason Riverdale is no longer dominate is because their former great coach coaches at Alcoa now. You don't lose a coach like Gary Rankin and expect no dropoff. Riverdale probably lost a lot of good assistants when Gary left. If Gary was still there Riverdale would still be winning big. I see how much Alcoa's program improved when Gary Rankin showed up.

I saw Maryville dominate under Ted Wilson in the 70s. When he left the program started slipping. When his assistants Don Story and Lynn Brown left Maryville fell like a rock. When that dreaded day comes when GQ,David Ellis and Jim Gaylor call it quits Maryville will slip. Coaches like George Quarles,David Ellis,Jim Gaylor,Ted Wilson and Don Story don't grow on trees.

Edited by REBELRON

Maryville was dominant in the 70s. Won 3 State titles in the 70s.

Actually one in 1964 also , pre -playoff era .... so actually Maryville had as many Championships by 1978 as Riverdale has total up to now .... 

"Riverdale was dominant way before u guys." .......... LOL , oldfan41 .... guess you're not that old if you think Riverdale was " Dominant way before us guys " .... Clueless 

Edited by pepvol