Where Has Riverdale's Once Proud Program Gone?

warrior82dad

Actually one in 1964 also , pre -playoff era .... so actually Maryville had as many Championships by 1978 as Riverdale has total up to now .... 

"Riverdale was dominant way before u guys." .......... LOL , oldfan41 .... guess you're not that old if you think Riverdale was " Dominant way before us guys " .... Clueless 

True. Riverdale wasn't even a team until 1972 I don't think? And they really didn't start having a lot of success until Rankin took over whenever that was? I'm sure it was long after 1972.

I think Maryville fans are just being nice when they say Gary Rankin is in the same league as GQ. It's not even close... And that's not to say that Rankin is a bad coach, he is just not near the same level as GQ. Nobody is, Quarles coaching ability is almost savant like. If anyone thinks i'm crazy let me just ask you this. If Gary Rankin was coaching maryville last year do you think they would have beaten Blackman?

Those going to Oakland is because fully half of its staff was R'dale Coaches under Rankin. Blackman and Coach Shad have FINALLY incorporated the strength program that Rankin used when his teams consistently beat Smyrna and Blackman teams.

I swore I was not going to get into this brawl this year but give Coach A one last shot because of his bringing in coaching staff that DOES understand PASSING. Unfortunately the one thing still lacking is an UNDERSTANDING of shut out DEFENSE! This falls directly at the feet of our DC who we ALWAYS beat when he was the HC at Blackman. Don't know if Coach A was told to put him on staff or what, but Coach A needs to FIX it.

BTW Mr. Nolan some of us remember when YOU stood up to being what to do in YOUR school from the Central Office of POLITICIANS when it came to sports!

Now who is the NEW Recruiter for R'dale that brought in the new QB from Cane Ridge? If this was the old Rankin days the screams about it would still be heard statewide!

Smh, I hope yall get a new coach soon...phil Fulmer to lane to Dooley in your future!

I think Maryville fans are just being nice when they say Gary Rankin is in the same league as GQ. It's not even close... And that's not to say that Rankin is a bad coach, he is just not near the same level as GQ. Nobody is, Quarles coaching ability is almost savant like. If anyone thinks i'm crazy let me just ask you this. If Gary Rankin was coaching maryville last year do you think they would have beaten Blackman?

I don't think any of them have compared Rankin to GQ. All I have seen them say is that Gary is a great coach in his own right. We all know who is better.

Wow. The way u guys talk about Maryville & GQ reminds me of the movie Varsity Blues. Lol.

There was a guy in real life that won 5 more games than GQ in a 10 year span. The movie about him is in theaters now. Combine Huge Freeze and Gus Malzahn's wins as HS coaches and you'll be close to GQ. Sometimes people are too close to a situation to realize something amazing.

There was a guy in real life that won 5 more games than GQ in a 10 year span. The movie about him is in theaters now. Combine Huge Freeze and Gus Malzahn's wins as HS coaches and you'll be close to GQ. Sometimes people are too close to a situation to realize something amazing.

I'm going to see that movie as soon as I can! Looks like a good one!

Hands down Coach Q is the best coach and his staff is great as well which he himself will tell any body that! Enjoy him Maryville, appreciate him, your run with him there is nothing short of amazing! As far as Riverdale goes hope this young team continues to improve and work hard! It still is a very young team and I would think in the next two years they should do pretty well! This year there are 7 games left in the regular season and I feel they will win most of the games left! GO WARRIORS!!!

QB7 Who is Huge Freeze? lol. just kiddin' man

Qb#7 was a Pretty good Qb , but he was absolutely top notch in "StarzNBarz Advancd Anglish Speach" ( Howl Too Tawk reel Purdy )  ...... Starz Tutoring Academy has a sliding scale for this advanced tutoring based upon TD's , Completion Pct , and other Academic related Statistics . 

Qb#7 was a Pretty good Qb , but he was absolutely top notch in "StarzNBarz Advancd Anglish Speach" ( Howl Too Tawk reel Purdy ) ...... Starz Tutoring Academy has a sliding scale for this advanced tutoring based upon TD's , Completion Pct , and other Academic related Statistics .

He is a good tutor. My uncle has tried to get me to take his "how to be a farmer" class, but I didn't want to get on peta's bad side. Huge Freeze is what they call him in certain areas because he is somewhat of a hypocrite!