Polk County at McMinn Central

AcrossTheMiddle

We all know Central is a heavy favorite in this game, but it would not surprise me if this game stays close for at least a half. Polk was leading a very good East Ridge team at the half. 

Polk has played strong quarters here and there, they just haven't strung four of them together. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Polk is Polk, the Chargers will not take them lightly.

Nothing is as dangerous as a wounded animal... Polk is still Polk, well coached and like Charlie Murphy said, they have had good spurts but not a full game yet. True, they are not as athletic as the past few years, but don't overlook them...ever! Central has done a great job so far at being focused each week and I don't see that changing this week especially. All that said.... Central by 17.

Edited by elhosel

Nothing is as dangerous as a wounded animal... Polk is still Polk, well coached and like Charlie Murphy said, they have had good spurts but not a full game yet. True, they are not as athletic as the past few years, but don't overlook them...ever! Central has done a great job so far at being focused each week and I don't see that changing this week especially. All that said.... Central by 17.

Good post!Anything IS possible thats why we still playem!

MCentral seems to have everything coming together.  The O-line is doing a wonderful job, the defense is coming up hitting, backs are running hard behind great support blocking.  Athletes all over the field.  I see Polk playing harder than any week, being Central and all.  I am also pleased to see how focused and humble the Chargers are at where they are right now.  Central has started slow every game, but boy are they finishing.  They look stronger toward the end of the game then the beginning.

MCentral seems to have everything coming together.  The O-line is doing a wonderful job, the defense is coming up hitting, backs are running hard behind great support blocking.  Athletes all over the field.  I see Polk playing harder than any week, being Central and all.  I am also pleased to see how focused and humble the Chargers are at where they are right now.  Central has started slow every game, but boy are they finishing.  They look stronger toward the end of the game then the beginning.

The rough thing is that McMinn Central's Playoff road goes through Alcoa.

First home game in a month, and it's Polk County. The place will be packed and very loud. Central does seem to start out slow, so I won't be concerned if it's a close game at the half. The Chargers experience and talent will take over the second half and the rout will be on.

I've said it all along and will repeat... Central will go as far as coaching will take them.

We all know Central is a heavy favorite in this game, but it would not surprise me if this game stays close for at least a half. Polk was leading a very good East Ridge team at the half. 

Polk has played strong quarters here and there, they just haven't strung four of them together. 

Derrick Davis will have his kids ready that is for sure. Chargers at home after 3 weeks on the road. Lots of weapons on offense. Central is better that East Ridge and Chattanooga Central on offense.

Always a physical match-up for both teams. Will be a good game to watch.