Milan vs CPA

heatwave

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cpa fans what are your team strengths this year? Strong def and run game as usual?

Pretty well balanced, but biggest strength is ability to both throw and run and mix it up, with fast linemen who have great technique and get out in front of the plays and lead the backs. QB is Jr. with D1 potential. Really good receivers. 

On defense, overall team speed may be the best we have ever had.

Kicking game is very solid with 4 year starter kicking off into end zone and can make 50+ yard FG's. Broke his own school record 50 YD. kick (freshman year) with a 53 yarder this year.

Starting D has given up 3 points this year. Not as big in the line as some years, but lots of speed. Great punter even though he has only had a few this year.

Good luck to Milan. All the CPA fans really respect their program and tradition, and know a game with them will be a dogfight.

I DVR'd the Milan/Westview game when it was shown on TV... nasty injury to the Milan QB... hate to see that!

The biggest factor in this game, in my opinion, is the Milan defense. Milan has contained some pretty potent offenses over the past two weeks. Yea, I'm sure CPA is better than both Westview and Peabody, but the Milan defense needs to be able to hold its own in this game if its going to be a competitive game. Create some turnovers and don't give up big plays... 

CPA is going to be good, I'm sure. But the teams they have beaten aren't exactly anything that is overly convincing... If I looked at it right, CPA's opponents record combined is 8-16... while Milan's opponents overall record is 19-4.... 

With that being said, I expect the Milan defense to play a gritty game, but the loss of the starting QB in the Westview game will be too much for Milan to overcome in a short week. I look for CPA to win somewhere along the lines of 21-7....

Edited by GCPioneer

I DVR'd the Milan/Westview game when it was shown on TV... nasty injury to the Milan QB... hate to see that!

The biggest factor in this game, in my opinion, is the Milan defense. Milan has contained some pretty potent offenses over the past two weeks. Yea, I'm sure CPA is better than both Westview and Peabody, but the Milan defense needs to be able to hold its own in this game if its going to be a competitive game. Create some turnovers and don't give up big plays... 

CPA is going to be good, I'm sure. But the teams they have beaten aren't exactly anything that is overly convincing... If I looked at it right, CPA's opponents record combined is 8-16... while Milan's opponents overall record is 19-4.... 

With that being said, I expect the Milan defense to play a gritty game, but the loss of the starting QB in the Westview game will be too much for Milan to overcome in a short week. I look for CPA to win somewhere along the lines of 21-7....

You are right, teams CPA has beaten this year are all on the down side this year.  This game will be the 1st game played with a 3A opponent this season. So far starters out by half time of every game and the 2nd and 3rd string defense still doing a good job of keeping them out of the end zone.  D is not as large as in the past but very, very fast.  Starting D has only given up a FG so far.   Hope it is a good game and no more injuries.  IMO CPA scores alot more than 21.