Forrest at Huntland.

ForrestRocket129

Last year's game was 42-3 Forrest. 

At the jamboree this year, Huntland got a nice little drive going, but Forrest stuffed them. Forrest then scored a TD, so the net after 1 Q was 7-0 Forrest. 

Has Huntland played anyone with a defense? Before you say Eagleville, I believe Forrest could have named their score, but settled for a 21-7 win where Eagleville NEVER threatened.

Forrest couldn't name their score tonight, they couldn't even name their own coaches after the way Huntland tore their mouth out!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several observations:

- Terrific game by Huntland. they came out on fire and jumped out to a 10-0 lead before we could even get our seats warm. Forrest started on their heels and that is not good for a run offense. 

- How many 3rd downs did Huntland convert? all but the drive right before half. at least 15. Forrest was stuffing them on 1st and 2nd then Huntland would hit a pass, or Forrest would get a penalty.  Happened all night. 

- The onside kick to start the 2nd (was it onside? they kicked 15 yard kickoffs all night) was one of several turning points. Instead of 13-17 with the ball where Huntland hasn't stopped them in a while, Forrest gives up the score to go down 24-13 and it's back to catch up. 

- Forrest kids showed some big ones. 6 starters minimum out. kids that played were playing positions they don't normally play. it was a mess of "musical chairs" going on out there. it cannot be overestimated that not just the missing kids, but the remainder playing out of position, had a gigantic affect on Forrest pass rush, O and D lines, secondary..

- Huntland's improvement from a year ago was about the biggest i have ever seen at the high school level. remarkable. 

- Huntland the town is a hellhole. if they are looking for another guantanamo location i suggest Huntland. you lose your cell phone signal about 10 minutes from the stadium. the stadium itself looks carved out of a valley. you are literally cut off from the civilized world. it's part of their strategy.

- The folks at the stadium were very nice. students too.

- i was proud of the Rocket students for coming en force and yelling their heads off. we have the best students anywhere, period.

- i think a healthy Forrest team wins this game by 14-17 points. Huntland is improved but not an 8 touchdown turnaround. no sane human would buy that. Even with 6 starters+ and at least 4 more backups out, Forrest was at 27-31 late in the 4th.

- I expect Huntland to go deep in A playoffs.  They are very solid.

- If Forrest wins out and MTCS beats Huntland, how is District champ determined? 

Edited by Buddha14

Several observations:

. . .

- Huntland the town is a hellhole. if they are looking for another guantanamo location i suggest Huntland. you lose your cell phone signal about 10 minutes from the stadium. the stadium itself looks carved out of a valley. you are literally cut off from the civilized world. it's part of their strategy.

- The folks at the stadium were very nice. students too.

. . .

- If Forrest wins out and MTCS beats Huntland, how is District champ determined? 

Welcome to the Hornets Nest!   LMBO on the last part.