8-AA Girls

uknow22

sounds like "golden cloud" gave a pep talk ...fired up the county..

Hey guys and girls "GOLDENCLOUD" is back  !!!!!!   Had to serve a little Coach T and TSSAA suspension for calling a few of the LA girls out last week.  I guess a few of the mama's and daddy's didn't like what I had to say but I was not only speaking for myself but for many that don't have the balls to say it !!  Come on LA fans, I need a little support for my views.......look at the results and the play of the team since I got put on "double secret probation"  THANK ME !! THANK ME !!   Even got the assistant coach to respond......you can't tell me she didn't relay the message to the head coach. We got some great play from the girls......did them some good !!! 

Keep it up Lady Cats  !!!!  Now is the time to give it all you got  !!!

Hey guys and girls "GOLDENCLOUD" is back  !!!!!!   Had to serve a little Coach T and TSSAA suspension for calling a few of the LA girls out last week.  I guess a few of the mama's and daddy's didn't like what I had to say but I was not only speaking for myself but for many that don't have the balls to say it !!  Come on LA fans, I need a little support for my views.......look at the results and the play of the team since I got put on "double secret probation"  THANK ME !! THANK ME !!   Even got the assistant coach to respond......you can't tell me she didn't relay the message to the head coach. We got some great play from the girls......did them some good !!! 

coach R is that you? I knew it..nice strategy.. Another "coach of the year "award for the ole trophy case..

Don't call out kids on here. Use discretion when mentioning coaches and use no names when criticizing officials. Follow those guidelines and be welcome. Otherwise, we don't want you on here.

Thing is this with Upperman and LA. LA gets kids jr from Hilham,Allens,Ruckman,Livingston, and Wilson. Upperman gets 75% from cornerstone put pulls the rest from Algood, Prescott, and Avery Trace. Hard for other schools to compete with that. I bet a college girs bball player has come from all 5 jr highs in Overton County in the last 20 years.

Dont know if a player from Wilson has ever played at LA? They stay on the mtn & go to Monterey.

It's true that Overton's feeder program is second to none. DeKalb would be better off with a couple more K-8 schools to get kids more opportunities to play.

the more quality jr high systems you can pull from helps. LA and UH have the avantage over all other district teams. Macon has the worst situation, just one 7th and 8th system feeding into the hs. Who they have one the 5th/6th grade team is who the will have 6 years later as Jr's/Sr's. Big disadvantage.

the more quality jr high systems you can pull from helps. LA and UH have the avantage over all other district teams. Macon has the worst situation, just one 7th and 8th system feeding into the hs. Who they have one the 5th/6th grade team is who the will have 6 years later as Jr's/Sr's. Big disadvantage.

Actually, Cannon has the worst situation. No middle school or jr high for them. They have six k-8 schools that still play on small courts. A lot of summer work has to be done just to be competitive in district 8-AA.

I dunno, imo the more kids you have starting and having the opportunity to play is a plus, even if it's on smaller courts. This gives a coach in high school a more diverse and developed talent pool to choose from.

If you have good coaches, yes you would be correct. However, Cannon County isn't big enough to produce that many good players. You might have two or three out of each class. So if you have the 15 best playing together from sixth grade on, they are more advanced when they get to high school versus 70 kids playing zone defense on small courts.

If you have good coaches, yes you would be correct. However, Cannon County isn't big enough to produce that many good players. You might have two or three out of each class. So if you have the 15 best playing together from sixth grade on, they are more advanced when they get to high school versus 70 kids playing zone defense on small courts.

I see it the same. Overton does have good feeder programs but usually only 3-6 players from each class makes the high school team. Those kids in overton doesn't get to play together until high school were as in MC they have already gelled. So there are advantages either way. Though having one school feeding the high school could be politically manipulated easier, weakening the team.