8-AA Girls

uknow22

Not being shady at all.

Just tired of trying to explain the kid has never transferred until this year.

I don't know why she transferred and it's none of my business but every reason you listed is humorous.

Meadows tore her acl about a month ago (early to mid October). School started in August. So how Meadows being injured played into the decision at all is kind of funny to me since she was at York 2 months BEFORE Meadows got hurt. So the comment about her going back to Clarkrange when Meadows returns next season would be really strange.

As I stated I don't know why she left Clarkrange but I would guess it had something to do with her Freshman sister going to York Institute this year, and her parents built a new home and moved this summer, I'm amazed with your insights to Fentress Co basketball you didn't already know that.

But hey, what the heck do I know. Obviously not nearly as much as some of you.

No the real question is, is how did she end up at CR to begin with. If she was enrolled at York in the 8th grade. I think we all know. But it really dont matter to me because if GCA is allowed to recruit and play in D1 then why cant everyone else. GO YORK

No the real question is, is how did she end up at CR to begin with. If she was enrolled at York in the 8th grade. I think we all know. But it really dont matter to me because if GCA is allowed to recruit and play in D1 then why cant everyone else. GO YORK

Isn't there a difference between being enrolled at York elementary and York high school?

The Fentress County School System has 4 Elementary (through 8th grade) schools: Allardt, Pine Haven, South Frentress and York.  Clarkrange High School is the only high school in the Fentress County School System.  So it is the county high school.  There is another high school in Fentress County it is York Agriculture Institute.  It is a private school owned by the state of Tennessee.  Students going from 8th grade to 9th grade can attend the high school of their choice.  Only after attending class in the 9th grade do transfer rules apply.  Then all transfer rules of the TSSAA would apply.

The Fentress County School System has 4 Elementary (through 8th grade) schools: Allardt, Pine Haven, South Frentress and York.  Clarkrange High School is the only high school in the Fentress County School System.  So it is the county high school.  There is another high school in Fentress County it is York Agriculture Institute.  It is a private school owned by the state of Tennessee.  Students going from 8th grade to 9th grade can attend the high school of their choice.  Only after attending class in the 9th grade do transfer rules apply.  Then all transfer rules of the TSSAA would apply.

Again,     GOOO   YOOORRRKKK

York Institute is not a private school. It is a state school but public.

I think it is the only state run high school in the US. I think that was arranged by Alvin C. himself. He founded the school in 1926 & the state took over in 1937. Wiki has a good write up on the history. Fascinating story.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_C._York_Institute

York Institute is not a private school. It is a state school but public.

York Institute is a state funded high school and is open to any student residing in Fentress Co.  Clarkrange and the K thru 8 schools are county funded. Fentress Co. is open zoned.  wonsa can correct me, if I am wrong.

York has been competitive in past years and has players move up to the next level. Yolanda Buck and Brandi Brown both played at MTSU. There have been others that went to smaller schools and Jr Colleges  .

Edited by jimbo44

Alvin C. York started the school and worked for years to fund it. Then the state of Tennessee, to thank him for his heroism in WWI, took over the school funding. Lately they have been wanting to go back on their promise which would be very dishonorable.

Alvin C. York  put his backbone into the physical labor to build the original building and it is part of  his heritage to his homeland.  If the state of Tennessee goes back on their commitment that would be dishonorable.

Edited by jimbo44

Saw some of our district teams Saturday this is my take of who I saw: York is going to be very good as the season goes on. Their point guard can get it done. A side note York brought a huge crowd.

Cannon isn't the cannon teams you've seen in the past. They play hard and that will win some games

Smith is young and just like Cannon and York have a new coach. Shot well at times.

Who else saw some games? Its bball time!