8-AA Girls

uknow22

Saw some of our district teams Saturday this is my take of who I saw: York is going to be very good as the season goes on. Their point guard can get it done. A side note York brought a huge crowd.

Cannon isn't the cannon teams you've seen in the past. They play hard and that will win some games

Smith is young and just like Cannon and York have a new coach. Shot well at times.

Who else saw some games? Its bball time!

DeKalb beat two pretty good teams Friday in Grundy and Tullahoma.

Won their first two games Saturday and lost by three to a really good Watertown team.

We are sorely in need of a post game but are solid everywhere else. Have three freshmen making a huge impact. We may surprise some people.

How will yall match up with Warren next week?

Actually haven't watched them, but if the post player that played last year isn't playing like I've heard our chances are decent. She was the difference last year.

I will say that I think our girls are slowly learning how to deal with our size disadvantage. Watertown had a MAJOR size advantage and we managed to come back to within one point late in the game. After being down 15-0 to start the game.

That's what I've read - she's not playing. It's always a pretty good match up no matter who's there or not. I try to catch 1 or 2 games a week and was wondering because I just don't like blowouts. 2 years ago I watched some bigs (boys side teams) from each county go after each other for 50 minutes in a barn burner - fun times. Thanks.

That's what I've read - she's not playing. It's always a pretty good match up no matter who's there or not. I try to catch 1 or 2 games a week and was wondering because I just don't like blowouts. 2 years ago I watched some bigs (boys side teams) from each county go after each other for 50 minutes in a barn burner - fun times. Thanks.

Yeah I'm thinking it's going to be a good game. We have a pretty scrappy little team.

Warren Co will be a lot better than Daniel 1 or the Chatt Patroits . Turner girl is not playing this year .

And so was Grundy, Tullahoma, Watertown, and even RBS. Not every game our ladies have played this year have been against cupcakes. They've played some decent competition early this year. I was honestly surprised at how much RBS had improved.

So is there any other girls in the district close to as good as the PG from Upperman? Who has the best post player?

Levy is the most talented player in the district. Not sure about any good post players. LA'S Lamb and Brown will get you 20pts on an given night. UHS usually plays a weak schedule in the early season and even though they are picked by most to win the district, I'm not sure they will take care of business. The only decent team they've played (Baylor) beat them by 8 and lost to LA by by 8. I think LA playing a tougher schedule will make a difference.

Levy is the most talented player in the district. Not sure about any good post players. LA'S Lamb and Brown will get you 20pts on an given night. UHS usually plays a weak schedule in the early season and even though they are picked by most to win the district, I'm not sure they will take care of business. The only decent team they've played (Baylor) beat them by 8 and lost to LA by by 8. I think LA playing a tougher schedule will make a difference.

Agree with the posts at LA. And King at Cannon when she gets back. DC has NO size inside and that will be a sticking point against the better teams. Really impressed with our three freshman though. I knew they had a good season at DMS last year but they have transitioned pretty well, and against some decent competition too.

No, we haven't ran a gauntlet or anything, but this is toughest schedule to start the year out that we've had in a long time.

Excited to see Levy Friday.