8-AA Girls

uknow22

Not many. It would not have mattered a lot, maybe a 63-30 game if they'd gone to the line more often instead of 63-20. Score margin was disappointing but not very surprising. Upperman looked like all they were supposed to be. I am expecting a better season for Sequatchie next year with no seniors this year, nine players total, and none off the bench with any high school experience starting the year-though Upperman will probably be better even than this year. They should be more competitive next year against the top level teams like this one.

Not many. It would not have mattered a lot, maybe a 63-30 game if they'd gone to the line more often instead of 63-20. Score margin was disappointing but not very surprising. Upperman looked like all they were supposed to be. I am expecting a better season for Sequatchie next year with no seniors this year, nine players total, and none off the bench with any high school experience starting the year-though Upperman will probably be better even than this year. They should be more competitive next year against the top level teams like this one.

Do the girls down there play AAU ball?  

19-25, but could have been 50 attempts the way DC was fouling.

I've played or watched ball for 20 years. Never once seen officials that bad. It wasn't just the fouls. Walks, double dribbles, and multiple 5 second calls were ignored. Out of bounds was called the wrong way. 1-1 was denied to DeKalb after it was earned. The refs even argued on the floor over that call, but it was still denied. My understanding is that those refs weren't even supposed to be calling in that area. If you're beat on talent, you take it and go on, but being put out of a Regional game by refs is not right, and you know that. The talent difference between the two teams was obvious. Just calling it like it was!

Edited by speakingtruth

I've played or watched ball for 20 years. Never once seen officials that bad. It wasn't just the fouls. Walks, double dribbles, and multiple 5 second calls were ignored. Out of bounds was called the wrong way. 1-1 was denied to DeKalb after it was earned. The refs even argued on the floor over that call, but it was still denied. My understanding is that those refs weren't even supposed to be calling in that area. If you're beat on talent, you take it and go on, but being put out of a Regional game by refs is not right, and you know that. The talent difference between the two teams was obvious. Just calling it like it was!

The talent difference wasn't that obvious. The red head that got in foul trouble was a great player, but you have to realize that our center played half the 3rd and all the 4th with 4 fouls. From what I took from the coaches interview Dekalb is also very young so we will more than likely see each other again next year.