Enrollment Numbers are Out....

Thanks for clearing that up. Just an assumption. I remember a few years back when you pretty much lost every game.It was like a couple of years in a row. Never did figure that one out.

Not sure about that. We made the semifinals in 2001 and 2003 with a 3-7 season in 2002. We had 6-6 seasons in 1997 and 1999, 5-5 in 1994, 6-5 in 1992 and 1996. But there were some good years in the 90's, 11-1 in 1993, 11-3 in 1995 and 1998.

This 'ol dumb hick from the sticks would hate to be a decision maker at TSSAA. No way to make everybody happy. Once the dust settles and the hands are dealt to us all, we gotta go with it. If there is a dominant team, I'd be looking at their program to see how they do it. Even visit same-size powerhouse programs in neighboring states. Look, learn, then bring those "secrets" home to your school. I was a public schoolbus driver before (drove as a sub for all the schools in our county, they play sports against each other), and i promise you, there are MANY talented kids out there who don't play any sports for their own school. In my H.S. days I was a very, very good golfer and kicker/ punter (yes, could have gotten Div I scholarships doing either), but I played neither for various reasons. So it is in every school imho. Hidden talent everywhere. Methinks dominant teams are that way for a reason, and its not the water system nor area they live either. It starts with pee wee leagues on up, plus weight rooms, diet, attitudes of everyone (players, coaches & communities), and ability to find them, then bring out the best of your players. Again, see what winners do and do the same. And comb the halls of own school and bring in the untapped potential that is there. But that's just the opinion of this dummy. Oh well.. let's play ball!

We'll check around and see if we've got a Randall Cobb or Brandom Warren walking the halls. I don't much think we do,but thanks for the Idea.

Edited by pujo

A question for all of you that may be in 2A next year. If Alcoa is placed there because their student body numbers are close to yours, what is unfair?

They have the same number of students to choose from.

They have the same TSSAA restrictions that you have.

They abide by these as you do.

What's the beef? I can guarantee you that they have good coaching,tradition, and work their butts off. Step up or shut up, your crying is starting to make me wonder if all of you need participation medals to feel special.

+1

Guest hevyrevy1611

We'll check around and see if we've got a Randall Cobb or Brandom Warren walking the halls. I don't much think we do,but thanks for the Idea.

Finding untapped potential is just one board of a many-planked system. Building a successful, repetitive- winning program involves lotsa things, some of which I mentioned. But whadda I know, eh? ... not much, I know that.