Enrollment Numbers are Out....

As far as I'm concerned ,it would be an honor to play Alcoa. But the point is,its not leveling the playing field. Thats what this new thing was supposed to do. Leveling the playing field is fairly simple, you remove the privates and ley the small rural schools play the same type schools.Dang , I think I'm a genious.

Yes, if Alcoa or the likes called and said, "we've heard about you all and would like to play" that would be an honor!

The rest of your post is dead on...ya dang hoser  genius

pujo, uknowit...

It looks like we will have G-P in our district. I think Hampton can compete with them and even beat them every so often. We can compete with them when we have those special teams every 4 or 5 years. Happy Valley and Sullivan North can have teams that could occasionally compete with them. Point being  G-P or whoever wins it will most likely be the only district 1 team with a chance to advance past the first round. I vote we protest and don't go to the playoffs. our district could host Bowl games up here in Gatlinburg at their fancy new sports complex and split the money among all district teams. If we could make a couple hundred thousand $$ a year after about 25 years we could all afford the things that all the district 2 teams have already.

ok not ALL district 2 teams!!

If the TSSAA doesn't make some changes, I could see teams doing just that....Gatlinburg or the new facilities soon to be at ETSU works for me!

The bad thing for you guys is most of the teams that were fighting for the split with you are in 1A with the new numbers. Dont have to worry about Alcoa. I wonder if TC will still be leading the charge with you.

I'm sure Trousdale has the same mindset as they did before.

Nobody answered this mans question :popcorneater:

I think pretty much all counties are the same, you can attend any school except Elizabethton. But for the most part,kids go to the school nearest them. Its not like football players flock to any of these schools. My kid left Cloudland to play for his Uncle, But the Cloudland team he left had dominated Hampton the whole time he was there.

I'd like to know just who they leveled the playing field for. Looks like 5a might have benefited, except they inherited Maryville, 3a got shed of Alcoa. Thats about it as far as I can see. The rest of the classes just got a few bigger and better teams.

I think pretty much all counties are the same, you can attend any school except Elizabethton. But for the most part,kids go to the school nearest them. Its not like football players flock to any of these schools. My kid left Cloudland to play for his Uncle, But the Cloudland team he left had dominated Hampton the whole time he was there.

Most public schools used to be closed enrollment....Meaning you went to school in the zoned area you lived...There is more funding per student in the open enrollment as that enrollment number rises. All breaks down to pulling in students & tax dollars from those districts that pay higher property taxes...I dont think any kid can just walk in from another local Carter Co School and start to class

Most public schools used to be closed enrollment....Meaning you went to school in the zoned area you lived...There is more funding per student in the open enrollment as that enrollment number rises. All breaks down to pulling in students & tax dollars from those districts that pay higher property taxes...I dont think any kid can just walk in from another local Carter Co School and start to class

I'm not sure how it works.

I know we are closed they will put you out on your ear if the bus dont run by your house!It hurts us in sports there are kids that HAVE to play at WB that would love to put on the Orange and Black.