Enrollment Numbers are Out....

I agree 100% with if they see all schools the same do away with classifications and play ball. But they keep saying they want a level playing field and this aint even close! Looking at the projected regions I feel like we have a good chance to finish 4th and make the playoffs....congrats we get to go to Alcoa!! We get to go get 10 kids hurt lose by 80 and waste a week of our lives prepping for a game we cant win.

And soon you can't find enough kids to field a team.No one likes being a punching bag.

I agree 100% with if they see all schools the same do away with classifications and play ball. But they keep saying they want a level playing field and this aint even close! Looking at the projected regions I feel like we have a good chance to finish 4th and make the playoffs....congrats we get to go to Alcoa!! We get to go get 10 kids hurt lose by 80 and waste a week of our lives prepping for a game we cant win.

This wouldn't be an argument if Alcoa or the likes ended up having  to play Maryville every year for a title under this possible change....They'd be right here "crying" with us

Our schedule is brutal enough. We scheduled Fulton years ago after they had won a state title, so we have always played whoever will play us. Not to mention we had 5A cookeville and Baylor on the schedule the same year.

And most years you are able to field a team that wont be dismantled by those programs

We got obliterated hahaha

As far as I'm concerned ,it would be an honor to play Alcoa. But the point is,its not leveling the playing field. Thats what this new thing was supposed to do. Leveling the playing field is fairly simple, you remove the privates and ley the small rural schools play the same type schools.Dang , I think I'm a genious.

pujo, uknowit...

It looks like we will have G-P in our district. I think Hampton can compete with them and even beat them every so often. We can compete with them when we have those special teams every 4 or 5 years. Happy Valley and Sullivan North can have teams that could occasionally compete with them. Point being  G-P or whoever wins it will most likely be the only district 1 team with a chance to advance past the first round. I vote we protest and don't go to the playoffs. our district could host Bowl games up here in Gatlinburg at their fancy new sports complex and split the money among all district teams. If we could make a couple hundred thousand $$ a year after about 25 years we could all afford the things that all the district 2 teams have already.

ok not ALL district 2 teams!!

Edited by old24eagle

As far as I'm concerned ,it would be an honor to play Alcoa. But the point is,its not leveling the playing field. Thats what this new thing was supposed to do. Leveling the playing field is fairly simple, you remove the privates and ley the small rural schools play the same type schools.Dang , I think I'm a genious.

The bad thing for you guys is most of the teams that were fighting for the split with you are in 1A with the new numbers. Dont have to worry about Alcoa. I wonder if TC will still be leading the charge with you.