Blackman at Hoover

LoveForTheGame

I keep reading posts that say Hoover is ranked #1 in 7A AL this year. I have a feeling Fairhope and Phenix City Central might have something to say about that. The best team in AL hails from 6A anyway, Clay-Chalkville. The last ten years or so it has been either Hoover or Prattville that has ruled the roost in AL, but not this year. Hoover is still a very strong team, and capable of winning state, but if Blackman is going to win this is the year. I'm pulling for them to represent TN. Go Blaze!!

I watched the Miami central/Hoover game. It was a game of shoulda, coulda, woulda for Hoover. Missed a field goal and wide open receiver down the middle in the first quarter. Its going to be tough for the Blaze. I said it in an earlier post that Blackman will prove something to themselves in this one. Even if they lose. After some time rolling this one around I think Hoover comes out on top by a couple of scores. I usually don't cheer for Blackman, but this week I find myself cheering for them. Good luck Blaze!

I keep reading posts that say Hoover is ranked #1 in 7A AL this year. I have a feeling Fairhope and Phenix City Central might have something to say about that. The best team in AL hails from 6A anyway, Clay-Chalkville. The last ten years or so it has been either Hoover or Prattville that has ruled the roost in AL, but not this year. Hoover is still a very strong team, and capable of winning state, but if Blackman is going to win this is the year. I'm pulling for them to represent TN. Go Blaze!!

Phenix City and Fairhope are in the south and the only way Hoover plays either is in the State Title Game. There are 3 teams in 6A that most think would win state in 7A. Hoover has indeed ruled the roost and have some national recognition but alot of people are not aware that the city of Hoover only has 2 High schools so imagine a city the size of Mufreesboro with 2 schools. How good could Oakland and Blackman with a talent pool like that?

Hoover should win 7A here in Bama, for instance even in their region they have nearly more than 1000 students than just about everybody the equivalent of a medium sized highschool, however have you ever wondered since they are such a juggernaut why havent ANY of their players excelled on the college scene.  On this side of the border we know why they have the numbers, financial support , city tax dollars, and fantastic infrastructure because the homegrown talent is mediocre to average.  

I watched the Miami central/Hoover game. It was a game of shoulda, coulda, woulda for Hoover. Missed a field goal and wide open receiver down the middle in the first quarter. Its going to be tough for the Blaze. I said it in an earlier post that Blackman will prove something to themselves in this one. Even if they lose. After some time rolling this one around I think Hoover comes out on top by a couple of scores. I usually don't cheer for Blackman, but this week I find myself cheering for them. Good luck Blaze!

I see your point but if you saw the whole game did you notice the horrendous officiating 16 flags to 2, did you notice Miami Central dressed a whopping 38 players in 100 degree heat after traveling 800 miles vs Hoover's 120+, did you notice from 9 minutes left in the 3rd that Miami Central benched their QB and ran the Wildcat with their WR who ended up with 160yds rushing and adding insult to injury Miami didnt attempt a pass during that time. How in the heck did Miami win at all.   The Colquitt game was a complete mismatch and a physical annihilation by the now #3 team in the country Hoover is afraid to even whisper their name for a game next year.  That game could be probably be uploaded on Youtube but Im sure Hoover would probably sue the uploader. Lol

Phenix City and Fairhope are in the south and the only way Hoover plays either is in the State Title Game. There are 3 teams in 6A that most think would win state in 7A. Hoover has indeed ruled the roost and have some national recognition but alot of people are not aware that the city of Hoover only has 2 High schools so imagine a city the size of Mufreesboro with 2 schools. How good could Oakland and Blackman with a talent pool like that?

Hoover should win 7A here in Bama, for instance even in their region they have nearly more than 1000 students than just about everybody the equivalent of a medium sized highschool, however have you ever wondered since they are such a juggernaut why havent ANY of their players excelled on the college scene. On this side of the border we know why they have the numbers, financial support , city tax dollars, and fantastic infrastructure because the homegrown talent is mediocre to average.

I like PC Central to advance and play Hoover, but for Hoover to win. There's only one team that would beat Hoover in 6A, and that is Clay-Chalk. Please don't tell me you think Spanish Fort or Opelika would beat them? Certainly not Shades Valley? Spanish Fort might've had a chance, but didn't their star QB go down for the season?

Should be every interesting. At least we will get to see what Blackman is really all about. We know they can be sorced on ie: the Independence game but do the have the defense to stop a really powerful offense. If they loose it will show they are beatable going into next weeks playoffs.

Edited by warrior82dad