William Blount @ Bearden

Governm

Barney,

I will tell you one thing. Farragut had a small squad out there tonight. It was sad to see a program like Farragut have such a small freshman/JV team. It sure seems like farragut's football program has fallen off alot. At the game this past friday night they had a small crowd and their crowd was even smaller tonight. I wonder who is responsible for the mess that is going on at farragut now?

It is my understanding that since Farragut has a short week against Maryville, we only took our Freshmen last night so that the JV kids could practice with the varsity. It was good to see that our Freshmen were able to beat a combined team of JV/Freshmen from WB. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barney,

I don't want this to be taken the wrong way but I would be kind of nervous about WB hiring a maryville assistant. The reason being is when a guy is on a staff with a great coach like GQ you have to wonder if he is really that good of a coach or is GQ making him look good. I think WB hired ridge because of the success Greenback was having and the fact that he is a WB alum. But when Ridge came here nothing really changed and Greenback was still winning. So it was obvious that the supporting staff was responsible for the success at Greenback. I'm not trying to say anything negative about maryville's coaching staff. Frankly I don't know anything about any of them expect that GQ is great. I'm just saying we can't afford to leave any stone unturned in our next coaching search. We can't just assume a guy will be a good coach because he was on a winning staff. We need a proven guy.

Gov I went to watch Bearden last night freshmen and JV and the High School game Friday night and they have two ex Maryville players running the show over there. It hurts to see a program in a mess like that but what hurts even worse is how could it be in the mess it is with two former Maryville players and it really makes you wonder. One Bearden fan did tell me the coach had to come in and cut the cancer out of the program because it was really getting bad was one of the reasons they are so bad right now.  To my knowledge in modern time football Maryville has never had a losing record and I give credit to this for the feeder system that is in place where even the worst coach couldn't lose. Until they establish a good feeder system at WB they are always going to be up and down no matter who coaches them.

Gov I went to watch Bearden last night freshmen and JV and the High School game Friday night and they have two ex Maryville players running the show over there. It hurts to see a program in a mess like that but what hurts even worse is how could it be in the mess it is with two former Maryville players and it really makes you wonder. One Bearden fan did tell me the coach had to come in and cut the cancer out of the program because it was really getting bad was one of the reasons they are so bad right now. To my knowledge in modern time football Maryville has never had a losing record and I give credit to this for the feeder system that is in place where even the worst coach couldn't lose. Until testablish a good feeder system at WB they are always going to be up and down no matter who coaches them.

We have a good feeder program now. The coach we got over it now is top notch and will be sending us boys that are ready for high school ball in the coming years. Now all we gotta do is fix things at the high school level and we will be fine. If we do just one thing this off-season I hope we get a quality defensive coach because the defense under this coaching staff has been god awful. In fact this year we have prolly given up more points than any team in school history. If not this team is high on that list. Edited by Governors91

Are you saying their happy where they are at and plan to be here for the long run or that would just be the wrong job to take. My first two choices of any Maryville player would be Sweetland or Rang hands down.

They ain't going no where, who wouldn't be happy with a coaching job at MHS? Edited by rebelwoman87

People who aren't happy being assistants and want a head coaching gig.

Sum peepull ere happyier makin' moore munny ovur bein' a head corch...... B)

Speekin' ov which.....Maybee wif tha "cappytull outlay" we cain git a biggur jumbotron thain Alcoee now and raze tham suppullmints a littull moore..... :popcorneater:

http://www.thedailytimes.com/news/maryville-schools-approves-budget-increase/article_40dc37b8-0e88-5372-a82a-b3c9ec8bbf56.html

Edited by STARSNBARS