William Blount @ Bearden

Governm

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true Barney. Not everybody is motivated by money. Some might like the challenge of rebuilding a program like WB. And also... You gotta consider that taking the job at a school like WB might lead to very good opportunities down the road if you can turn the ship around.

Lett's see 91.....Meadows iz att Pigeon Forge....Gregory iz a assistant inn Missippy....Hoo am eye missin'...???

Lett's see 91.....Meadows iz att Pigeon Forge....Gregory iz a assistant inn Missippy....Hoo am eye missin'...???

Meadows was able to land the Catholic job based on his success at WB. I would say that was a pretty good opportunity Starz.. And gregory didn't do a good job at WB.. So he doesn't count. :popcorneater:

Meadows was able to land the Catholic job based on his success at WB. I would say that was a pretty good opportunity Starz.. And gregory didn't do a good job at WB.. So he doesn't count. :popcorneater:

How long wuz Meadows att Cathlic...???......Whur's Wilhite...???.....Earl iz tha princypull att Hairatige...... :thumb:

And then'st thair's.....uhhhh...... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

How long wuz Meadows att Cathlic...???......Whur's Wilhite...???.....Earl iz tha princypull att Hairatige...... :thumb:

4 years. He had 2 good years and 2 bad years. But to be fair those two bad years were the result of playing a brutal schedule and having a lot of young starters. I remember when WB upset catholic in '11... We had a talented group of seniors starting and catholic was playing alot of freshman and we barely won. I understand that Catholic had higher expectations but I guarantee you meadows would be doing good now if he was still there. As it is now.. The new coach is prolly getting credit for all those young guys meadows had playing in those losing seasons.

4 years. He had 2 good years and 2 bad years. But to be fair those two bad years were the result of playing a brutal schedule and having a lot of young starters. I remember when WB upset catholic in '11... We had a talented group of seniors starting and catholic was playing alot of freshman and we barely won. I understand that Catholic had higher expectations but I guarantee you meadows would be doing good now if he was still there. As it is now.. The new coach is prolly getting credit for all those young guys meadows had playing in those losing seasons.

91 respeckfullee man tha yeer thait Mairvul beet Cathlick inn '09 thay wuz loaded wif sr.'s Williamson, Cooper, Cozart etc and we played uhhhhhh inn a qwaigmarr, (sumbodee left tha spranklurs onn)  spotted tham 14, and steal beet tham..... :popcorneater:

91 respeckfullee man tha yeer thait Mairvul beet Cathlick inn '09 thay wuz loaded wif sr.'s Williamson, Cooper, Cozart etc and we played uhhhhhh inn a qwaigmarr, (sumbodee left tha spranklurs onn) spotted tham 14, and steal beet tham..... :popcorneater:

Their bad years were in '11 and '12. They played a lot of young guys during those years.

Take a rope with you Governors911. That's one of the steepest stadiums I've been to. It reminded me of when I climbed a pyramid in Mexico.

ChichenItza.jpg

The one thing I like about Bearden's stadium I never thought of before is that it's the perfect type set up for a field with a track around it. The views of the game were great. The only bad thing is the need for hand rails for safety. 

Welp eye watched tham laist Thirsdee nite and thair best playur iz a soph (Rogers) and thay haiv a vurry yung teem overall and thay seem two be doin' ok (9-0)......And Judge Irwin eye'm shore iz pleased..... :popcorneater:

Well part of the reason they are doing so much better now is they play in a weaker region. From 09-12 4AAA was tough from top to bottom. The last 2 years the region has been down. If Catholic had been in this region last year and this year they would be near the top with maryville and west. I think they just ran into some bad luck in 11 and 12. They had a bunch of young guys playing against tough teams. That was just bad luck, I don't think that reflects badly on meadows.