William Blount @ Bearden

Governm

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were coaching at Maryville High as an assistant and had desires of moving up the ranks as a football coach and had job offers you bet your tail I would be heading for door. If I didn't want the hassle and I was happy and was content of being in the same place I am then I would stay put. We're all put together different and some want a piece of the pie and some want the whole pie. I've seen people over the years I would never dream give up coaching for reasons I personally could never understand but I don't wear their shoes. I talk with a couple of former high school coaches every morning at breakfast and it would surprise you how much they have distanced their selves from the game considering they once were the best in the business. It feels funny telling them what happened the night before every Saturday morning.

Many of the older coaches at Maryville don't care and would prefer to be an assistant but for a younger coach wanting to make more money and knowing the the colonels secret recipe

Thing is Barney even with being the man vs the assistant it would still be a pay cut. That's the only reason it hasn't happened before and the reason it won't happen now.

That's true Barney. Not everybody is motivated by money. Some might like the challenge of rebuilding a program like WB. And also... You gotta consider that taking the job at a school like WB might lead to very good opportunities down the road if you can turn the ship around. That's the way I see it.. But I guess some people don't want to look at the bigger picture.

That's true Barney. Not everybody is motivated by money. Some might like the challenge of rebuilding a program like WB. And also... You gotta consider that taking the job at a school like WB might lead to very good opportunities down the road if you can turn the ship around. That's the way I see it.. But I guess some people don't want to look at the bigger picture.

But a bird in the hand is worth something. BCBOE has to pony up some cash. Edited by strongx