5a and 6a State Champion predictions

MJGOLDENBEARS

I've got nothing against West Tennessee football. In fact, I almost picked Ridgeway over West in 5A this year. I did pick the Roadrunners last year.

But I don't think that's an "outrageous" statement when the three best 6A teams in the state will be on the East side of the bracket this year. That happens sometimes. Therefore, the semi-final game will be much closer and more competitive than the championship game. Just like last year

In 2012 and 2009 Maryville Lost... That whole Title game being the Semi-Finals in the East is outrageous due to said FACT

Well in 1970 , 76 , 78 , 98 , 00 , 01 , 02 , 04 , 05 , 06 , 07 , 10 , 11 , and 13 .... Maryville WON .... Oh ya , 1964 also pre-playoff .... :mrgreen:

I had to remind myself maryville was 4a back then, cause I sure remember Riverdale being the dominant team in the early 2000s, and I think Germantown winning one of those years. Not taking anything away from Maryville cause they still have more than a couple 6a gold balls but the dominance hasn't been quite as dominant since they moved up to 6a now that I think about it.