5a and 6a State Champion predictions

MJGOLDENBEARS

I had to remind myself maryville was 4a back then, cause I sure remember Riverdale being the dominant team in the early 2000s, and I think Germantown winning one of those years. Not taking anything away from Maryville cause they still have more than a couple 6a gold balls but the dominance hasn't been quite as dominant since they moved up to 6a now that I think about it.

Five 6A State Championships have been Played , Maryville has Played in all 5 , winning 3 losing 2 ... but Maryville hasn't " been quite as Dominant " .... HILARIOUS ... I can only Imagine how you and the other Whitehaven fans would sound if you had accomplished the same things Maryville has . 

Five 6A State Championships have been Played , Maryville has Played in all 5 , winning 3 losing 2 ... but Maryville hasn't " been quite as Dominant " .... HILARIOUS ... I can only Imagine how you and the other Whitehaven fans would sound if you had accomplished the same things Maryville has .

As much as I dislike Maryville..... That last sentence holds weight. Whitehaven fans seem to carry the Olympic torch ever since winning the title. Imagine if they won 2...3...etc. I think their brains would explode of arrogance... Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

I can't speak for all of us, but being 3/5 in championships would let me know that we are beatable and don't walk on water like some think Maryville does; even tho I'd like our odds. Maryville fans really feel like they're unbeatable and being 60% in champions means it's a chance you can be beat. Slaughtering every team in the East EVERY year during the regular season doesn't hold much weight...

MJB we would probably be just as arrogant as Maryville fans (some more than others) but we would always know and recognize theyre other teams out there capable of beating us. I'm sure the fans attitudes don't reflect the team but still Maryville is the best program in the state hands down and they can still be beat contrary to Eastern belief.

I think the Maryville fans are very proud of what their program has accomplished in 4A and 6A and they should be! I know they don't think they walk on water as well! Maryville has proved year in and year out on the field of play how good their program is! Their run is nothing short of amazing! I know they do not feel like they are unbeatable as well! There are a lot of other schools who would love to be where Maryville is at including WhiteHaven and the rest of the high schools in TN! Most Maryville posters have been very classy and respectable on CoachT! Best wishes to Maryville and WhiteHaven in the playoffs! :thumb:   

7AAA is tough, but to say the semi-final is in essence the final is crazy...  7AAA has not won a gold ball since the 6 classifications came about.  I don't care what the excuses are, that's the fact.  That said, this could be the year, but if I have to bet, my money's on Maryville.

In 5A, I thought Hillsboro was the favorite, but after watching them play a bad Hunter's Lane team last night, I will be surprised if they make it to the semis.  I'm leaning toward a West/Henry County final.

As much as I dislike Maryville..... That last sentence holds weight. Whitehaven fans seem to carry the Olympic torch ever since winning the title. Imagine if they won 2...3...etc. I think their brains would explode of arrogance...

MJ, 

You mad bro? Sorry we beat yall BOTH times to go to the State Title game and now yall program is in flux with Trey Perry (former teammate of mine at Tech) as the coach. We apologize for wrecking your programs best chances EVER to compete for State Titles. With that said, stop riding for The Red Dragon. You're from Middle Tenn (Wilson Co.) for crying out loud

Pepvol,

You folks like to talk like you're unbeatable (IMO) and have other people from other programs riding yall jock maintaining the same tone (see MJ's above post)... Folks, like myself from MEMPHIS, just don't see it that way so whenever someone throws shade saying, "the Title game is the Eastern Semi-Final game." WE will protest such as your program is 1-2 versus MEMPHIS teams in the 6A Title game. We have a different breed of ball player and I hope one day you people understand and start saying how yall will "easily beat" everyone else in the state but we tend to have problems with Good Large MEMPHIS Teams, namely Whitehaven. B)   

MJ,

You mad bro? Sorry we beat yall BOTH times to go to the State Title game and now yall program is in flux with Trey Perry (former teammate of mine at Tech) as the coach. We apologize for wrecking your programs best chances EVER to compete for State Titles. With that said, stop riding for The Red Dragon. You're from Middle Tenn (Wilson Co.) for crying out loud

Pepvol,

You folks like to talk like you're unbeatable (IMO) and have other people from other programs riding yall jock maintaining the same tone (see MJ's above post)... Folks, like myself from MEMPHIS, just don't see it that way so whenever someone throws shade saying, "the Title game is the Eastern Semi-Final game." WE will protest such as your program is 1-2 versus MEMPHIS teams in the 6A Title game. We have a different breed of ball player and I hope one day you people understand and start saying how yall will "easily beat" everyone else in the state but we tend to have problems with Good Large MEMPHIS Teams, namely Whitehaven. B)

Not mad at all? Never said anything referring to the WHITEHAVEN football team. My point was directed towards the narcissistic, egotistical, irate opinion spewing WHITEHAVEN fans like you.... However what else should I expect... Anywho good luck in the playoffs, a little modesty and composer would be ideal.

Big Dave no way maryville easily wins 6a this year. It will be w war. I think they have to be favorites but this is as good of a 6a state as we have seen in a while. I think ravenwood could make some noise as well but not quite up there with the big teams

Matter of fact this is one of the best years for football collectively that I can remember. Tn is ranked 6 th nationally by cal preps for high school football and even d2 is wide open this year

Knox West in 5A and Maryville in 6A easily

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

As much as I dislike Maryville..... That last sentence holds weight. Whitehaven fans seem to carry the Olympic torch ever since winning the title. Imagine if they won 2...3...etc. I think their brains would explode of arrogance...

MJG:

Let me see if I got this right. ALL Whitehaven fans are arrogant?

Pep:

So you are in this 'All Whitehaven fans' would be arrogant if Whitehaven won more then 2 titles also huh?

Cool.