William Blount 2015

Governm

Johnny L,

Please don't take out my knee, but I wore the first ever basketball  and baseball uniforms at WB and neither contained "royal blue".  That might have been what the official color was listed as, but in both of these sports, we had more of a light blue--almost greenish color blue-- on our uni's.  Red Rebel or APB, what blue was on the first football unis?  I believe it is safe to say that there has never been a "uniform color" when it came to "uniform colors" at WB.

I was once told by the original A.D. (who happened also to be my uncle) that the reason the very first color of blue didn't stick was because it was difficult to find accessory merchandise (i.e. coach's attire, booster club items, etc.) in that color?  It was supposedly changed then to a more accessible color of blue.  

GovMan: My mother-in-law worked at Giff's Sporting Goods during the '70's when Heritage and WB were in the planning stages. Her neighbor was on the school board and thay sat in Giff's and went through all the uniform books. The school board member was adamant on the pastel colors she wanted for the new schools. My mother-in-law told her it would be impossible to match colors from different vendors and make the teams match across sports. The school board member got her way.

Ok,

I just heard that WB has interviewed two coaches so far and both coaches have turned it down because the WB administration wouldn't give them the flexibility to bring in their own assistants. One of them is currently on Maryville's coaching staff and contrary to what rebelswoman87 and other maryville posters believe he was apparently very interested in the job but turned it down because of the situation with assistants. I don't know who the other candidate was but i'm told he is also a very good coach. I don't know if all of this is 100% true but I'm guessing it is because my info comes from a source that is very close to the program. It will be interesting to see if those in charge will change their minds and bend a bit and do what it takes to bring in a quality coach. I guess we will all know soon enough.

Edited by Governors91

Ok,

I just heard that WB has interviewed two coaches so far and both coaches have turned it down because the WB administration wouldn't give them the flexibility to bring in their own assistants. One of them is currently on Maryville's coaching staff and contrary to what rebelswoman87 and other maryville posters believe he was apparently very interested in the job but turned it down because of the situation with assistants. I don't know who the other candidate was but i'm told he is also a very good coach. I don't know if all of this is 100% true but I'm guessing it is because my info comes from a source that is very close to the program. It will be interesting to see if those in charge will change their minds and bend a bit and do what it takes to bring in a quality coach. I guess we will all know soon enough.

Rofl! Oh ok, my bad. lol

Rofl! Oh ok, my bad. lol

According to what I heard both coaches declined because they wouldn't be allowed to bring in their own assistants. Which is believable because we have had alot of the same ones for years, I believe APB even said of the guys that is on the staff now was at WB when he was at school there in the 80s. lol It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that you need some new blood when things get stagnant. Hopefully those in power will pull their heads out of their arses and do what it takes to get a good coach in there. Edited by Governors91

According to what I heard both coaches declined because they wouldn't be allowed to bring in their own assistants. Which is believable because we have had alot of the same ones for years, I believe APB even said of the guys that is on the staff now was at WB when he was at school there in the 80s. lol It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that you need some new blood when things get stagnant. Hopefully those in power will pull their heads out of their arses and do what it takes to get a good coach in there.

91 are you going to the basketball game tomorrow night?