Tennessee at Knoxville West

WestHigh4Life

Wow... Impressive!! But I have one for your stat book. West ranks 113th out of the 114 Division 1 AAA teams in the State in Strength of Schedule. Translation... there is only one D1 AAA team in the state of TN that has a weaker schedule than your team! :roflol: Now that we've gotten past "the basics", what truly makes West a worthy opponent? 

Schedule Strength by CoachT is a joke. How is it that West, Oak Ridge, Ooltewah, etc. have such weak SOS when the terrible teams in their districts (East Hamilton, Farragut, Karns, etc.) have such strong SOS? They essentially play the same schedules for the most part. It's a joke. There's no way non-district games and playing each other should make that much of a difference. 

I also bet CoachT didn't factor in Asheville (NC) whom West destroyed.

Edited by RunninRebels

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schedule Strength by CoachT is a joke. How is it that West, Oak Ridge, Ooltewah, etc. have such weak SOS when the terrible teams in their districts (East Hamilton, Farragut, Karns, etc.) have such strong SOS? They essentially play the same schedules for the most part. It's a joke. There's no way non-district games and playing each other should make that much of a difference. 

I don't have to look at Tennessee's schedule to tell you that West played a tougher schedule. I also bet CoachT didn't factor in Asheville (NC) whom West destroyed.

Bingo +1

Wow... Impressive!! But I have one for your stat book. West ranks 113th out of the 114 Division 1 AAA teams in the State in Strength of Schedule. Translation... there is only one D1 AAA team in the state of TN that has a weaker schedule than your team! :roflol: Now that we've gotten past "the basics", what truly makes West a worthy opponent?

Let's see boy. Who have you beaten this year? How many 4a teams did you play? How many 4a teams beat you? How many D1 players do you have signed? How many players do you have with D1 offers? How many players do you have with D2 offers? What is your seniors four year record? Has any of your seniors played in the state finals? The semi-finals? How many All-State players do you have returning from last years team?

And I can go on and on. But please enlighten me.

I don't blame you Tennessee High folks for being zippy after last Friday but you need to know there's an extra large dose of reality coming your way on Sutherland Avenue this Friday.

^^^ This right here. That's the mindset we had last year and got b-tch slapped pretty hard! Lol

They are just as good this year. Don't get me wrong, I hope THS pulls the upset but it's going to be a tough row to hoe.

Now I'm done with ole Cap because I know he wouldn't know football if it was to hit him up side the head. And that's probably part of his problem.

Haven't talked about the West O v. THS D. While I think it benefits THS to have played an option team, AC; I think West's veer is a faster hitting offense than ACs especially under center. I think West can get to the edge and also the middle looked vulnerable. The passing game is not great but it has been effective, so I think West can keep the Safeties out of the box. Marshall is throwing the ball great but we are still dropping too many balls. Looks like we will have our starting line in place this week.

Edited by trip

And How many 3a teams did you play?

Certainly not speaking for Cap (I don't even think we speak the same language), but TH played one 3A (playoff team), 2 really good 4As (both in playoffs), VA High (would be 3A in TN) and conference games (2-6As and 5-5As).

Edited by jhilts