Class 1A Proposed Football Regions 2015-16

rocketman

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If memory serves me correct, there are less than 20 privates playing in all of D1. That would make your highlighted statement incorrect. Banishing the privates to D2 would not in any way solve the mess that is this new region and playoff system that will start next year.

Not hating here. But take those 20 out and that frees up enough room to go back to 5 and 6 team regions. Instead of 8 and 9 team regions. Simple enough for me.

I completely agree that these Regions need to be scrapped and thrown away. Drive times are brutal.

For MP to drive to Huntland or Moore County is 2 hr drive on the 1st and almost 2 hr on the 2nd.

Went to Huntland one year and after the game stopped and eat after cause we didn't have time to before and it was on into after midnight almost 1am before getting back home..... So it's not only the how long it takes to get there but how long it takes getting back home.

To Wayne Co.(50 mins) or Collinwood (40-45 mins) I got an extra hour to stop and eat before the game or even if I wait and eat after the game I still get home by 11pm. They are closer and more in Our area (Region)!

TSSAA throw away these Regions and start over or you will have A LOT of unhappy, peeved off people at you!

You WILL lose money at the gates because I for one will not make the drives. And I'm Sure I'm not alone.

Mt pleasant is not that far from Huntland, we all used to be in the same region years ago. In fact Huntland is traveling to Mt Pleasant Saturday for a Hall Of Fame basketball game.  If travel is that bad maybe we should try to get a plane to take them.  Travel, Travel, Seems some will not be happy with anything. LOL

If memory serves me correct, there are less than 20 privates playing in all of D1.  That would make your highlighted statement incorrect.  Banishing the privates to D2 would not in any way solve the mess that is this new region and playoff system that will start next year.

Obviously it was meant as sarcasm.  However, there have been several occasions when privates and parochial schools have started football teams.  There are at least 10 in the easternTennessee Valley that didn't have football programs in 2000, including the now defunct Tennessee Temple.

Edit:

Concord Christian

GCA

CAK

Grace Baptist

Silverdale Baptist

Chatt Christian

Tenn Temple (defunct)

David Brainerd

Then west of the Cumberland Plateau there is:

Mt. Juliet Christian

MTCS

Lancaster

Zion

Edited by rlh

Mt pleasant is not that far from Huntland, we all used to be in the same region years ago. In fact Huntland is traveling to Mt Pleasant Saturday for a Hall Of Fame basketball game.  If travel is that bad maybe we should try to get a plane to take them.  Travel, Travel, Seems some will not be happy with anything. LOL

I was planning a work trip from Fayetteville to Mt.P, Googlemaps had it at 68 minutes one way.  Not too bad.  Add what, 20 minutes in a school bus and it might be 1 1/2 hours.  The Mt. P girl's basketball played us last night but I didn't think to ask the coach how the drive was.  Huntland is about 20-25 minutes East from Fayetteville, all two lane and a straight shot down 64. 

I was planning a work trip from Fayetteville to Mt.P, Googlemaps had it at 68 minutes one way. Not too bad. Add what, 20 minutes in a school bus and it might be 1 1/2 hours. The Mt. P girl's basketball played us last night but I didn't think to ask the coach how the drive was. Huntland is about 20-25 minutes East from Fayetteville, all two lane and a straight shot down 64.

I may be missing something here but MTP is on hwy 43 about 30 minutes north of Lawrenceburg and almost all 4 lane. Best bet may be go through Columbia

MTP to Huntland will take at least hour 45 or two hours. Have made that drive a few times.

:thumb:....... Don't know why some would think I'm making that up?.?.?

Google Maps does not take into account speed reduced areas and traffic.

I made the trip twice to Huntland and once to Moore Co. back around '04-'06 when Huntland/Moore was in our Region 6 and was glad to see them changed from it. I will not spend the time nor fuel cost to do so again.

Nothing at all against the schools or programs. Just the drive.

:thumb:....... Don't know why some would think I'm making that up?.?.?

Google Maps does not take into account speed reduced areas and traffic.

I made the trip twice to Huntland and once to Moore Co. back around '04-'06 when Huntland/Moore was in our Region 6 and was glad to see them changed from it. I will not spend the time nor fuel cost to do so again.

Nothing at all against the schools or programs. Just the drive.

Both teams always had good crowds when playing at both schools. Mt Pleasant used to fill the stands at Huntland.  I doubt we will miss your 6 dollars if you choose not to make the trip.