RD 2 - Nashville Christian hosts Jamboree Champion Wayne County

kenmynattcpa

No disrespect taken. I agree with your assessment of our facilities. Though we are very proud of what we have, it doesn't compare to many of the public schools that we play. Although I would put our field up against just about anyone. We have some guys who take great pride in making sure the playing surface is in great shape. Our school is made up mostly of working class two-income families who are sacrificing to send their kids to private school. We have a lot more in common with the public school families than most would expect if they aren't familiar with us.

To the WC fans on Friday, feel free to wear whatever you need to stay warm. No dress code for attending the game. I'm sure there will be many on our side wearing layers of their cold weather hunting gear.

My thermal tux will be here tomorrow

To the WC fans on Friday, feel free to wear whatever you need to stay warm. No dress code for attending the game. I'm sure there will be many on our side wearing layers of their cold weather hunting gear.

If all WC folks and NCS folks haven't started your playoff beards, now would be a good time to do so - the guys that is.

Edited by NCSdad1962

Went to a game at NCS last year. It's not a fancy place but it ain't bad. The field isn't turf but it's nice natural Bermuda. The visitor stands are much but it's somewhere to sit. I was standing the whole night because it was so cold. The visiting locker room for the boys was a gym but our guys were just happy to get out of the cold. The people were nice and friendly. It's your typical working class high school.

No disrespect taken. I agree with your assessment of our facilities. Though we are very proud of what we have, it doesn't compare to many of the public schools that we play. Although I would put our field up against just about anyone. We have some guys who take great pride in making sure the playing surface is in great shape. Our school is made up mostly of working class two-income families who are sacrificing to send their kids to private school. We have a lot more in common with the public school families than most would expect if they aren't familiar with us.

good to hear about the attire.i was hoping my bunch didnt look outta place wearing several layers of carhartt and mossy oak!! :D

Edited by wboro33

with all that money coming in I hope they have heated bleachers, its going to be pretty cold friday night! Lol How is the seating for visitors and where is somewhere good to eat?Preferably close to your school!

About 10 minutes from the school, a little further East off I-40, is my personal favorite - Hattie B's Hot Chicken (5209 Charlotte Ave). The best hot chicken in Nashville. Get there early if you go, it can get busy and the wait can be long. You can thank me later! Edited by NCSDad54

I though I would chime in on this football game. I am pulling for Wayne County to pull out the victory. All the stars will have to line up right and they can not let the NCS get the "mo" going. I do agree that NCS has more depth but I did not see 6 D1 prospects. I think NCS has at least 3 great players. Maybe more but on the night we played The 2 juniors were the most impressive in my mind. Number 35 is dominate on both sides of the ball. He cause more disruption for our offense than other player this year. He is also a good RB. RB Number 12 is flat out fast and quick. We did not stop him all night. The lineman number 50 has great size and a prototype lineman. he caused some issues but not near as much as the other two. Don't get me wrong he is a D1 prospect. I don't know a lot about WC individual talent but from what I seen and heard that have a bunch of quality young players. Depth is a issue. WC can't be trailing going into 4th quarter. I think NCS gets the W but I would not be shocked if WC slipped by. Everyone talks about WC fumbles but NCS has there share of fumbles also. I am really more concerned with CA north and CA south game. Go Cougars!

I though I would chime in on this football game. I am pulling for Wayne County to pull out the victory. All the stars will have to line up right and they can not let the NCS get the "mo" going. I do agree that NCS has more depth but I did not see 6 D1 prospects. I think NCS has at least 3 great players. Maybe more but on the night we played The 2 juniors were the most impressive in my mind. Number 35 is dominate on both sides of the ball. He cause more disruption for our offense than other player this year. He is also a good RB. RB Number 12 is flat out fast and quick. We did not stop him all night. The lineman number 50 has great size and a prototype lineman. he caused some issues but not near as much as the other two. Don't get me wrong he is a D1 prospect. I don't know a lot about WC individual talent but from what I seen and heard that have a bunch of quality young players. Depth is a issue. WC can't be trailing going into 4th quarter. I think NCS gets the W but I would not be shocked if WC slipped by. Everyone talks about WC fumbles but NCS has there share of fumbles also. I am really more concerned with CA north and CA south game. Go Cougars!

Thanks for the outside input, I'll do the same for you on y'all's thread! Everybody keeps talking about WC young players but the fact is our two running backs are juniors, our two main receivers are a junior and a senior and our line is mainly seniors. Our depth is where we're young but they have stepped up and played outstanding ball. I know I have said it before and catch slack over it but I think WC has three of the best backs in 1a and our qb is right there to in my book. WC backs have 790 and 750 yards rushing apiece and our qb has around 750 so they share the load well. Our third big back suffered a broken leg early on in the year and when he returned he moved to guard to replace a injured lineman. These boys know what it takes to win and knows what it feels like to lose, to me that's a dangerous combination! Look for a heck of a ball game Friday night!

ncsdad or anyone else up there if theres any online stories on this matchup please post the link here ...love reading what everybody else thinks about both teams chances...thanks in advance

will do the same here although not many newspapers downhere in the sticks.

Edited by wboro33