Catholic @ Fulton

QSouth89

So enough chest thumping... How vulnerable is catholic when you run it up the middle and how good is their secondary? I've heard how catholic has defensive speed and can contain the corners against the run, but I have also seen quite a bit of rushing yards given up to power teams like Alcoa and Betsy. Care to elaborate ?

Edited by Photoman

So enough chest thumping... How vulnerable is catholic when you run it up the middle and how good is their secondary? I've heard how catholic has defensive speed and can contain the corners against the run, but I have also seen quite a bit of rushing yards given up to power teams like Alcoa and Betsy. Care to elaborate ?

Photoman we are actually strongest up the middle. Held Betsy's 2000 rusher to about 60 yards but the QB killed us on some broken runs. Held Matt Fox from AC to about 50 yards until the last possession when he added about 90 yards on our freshman. Tyson took some hits but Alcoa just road him for 44 carries and he's a BEAST! Secondary has been fairly steady.

I only come out of the woodwork for the big ones nowadays and I have to say, it's a shame this game couldn't be later in the playoffs. Both teams have accomplished so much and it's a shame one's season has to end Friday.

I've always had huge respect for the Falcons back since '05 and this matchup has a lot more history than most of the current players really know.

I'm going to go with the upset pick, but not because Catholic has better athletes or is anymore "smart." The penalties and turnovers have to stop for either to succeed and I think both coaches are going to be preaching that this week.

Catholic is going to have to bring in the perfect game plan with the right adjustments and top-notch execution or their season will be over. This reminds me of the 2006 playoff matchup at Catholic, minus some of the star power (Smith, Franklin, Rogan, Freeney). Catholic was not able to limit the big plays and Fulton was able to adjust to the weaknesses of the Catholic defense after being down by two scores at half. I see Catholic's coach being able to make some of those adjustments as the game progresses.

Athlete for athlete, Fulton is clearly superior and deserving of everything they have achieved to this point, but it's playoff football and when these two teams meet, you never know what will happen.

Stay warm guys

Photoman we are actually strongest up the middle. Held Betsy's 2000 rusher to about 60 yards but the QB killed us on some broken runs. Held Matt Fox from AC to about 50 yards until the last possession when he added about 90 yards on our freshman. Tyson took some hits but Alcoa just road him for 44 carries and he's a BEAST! Secondary has been fairly steady.

photo still thinks they beat you guys by 3 or 4 touchdowns....I doubt very seriously that Catholic is taken Fulton lightly....Teague and Devil are a little shy of being on top of the real picture...Booger thinks this should be a good game and though I know Fulton has some carpet burners, you have a chance

Our recruiting footprint covers people that use a little different terminology than your native East Tennesseans. NATIONWIDE!!!!!

Go Irish!

Just like the kids we lured down from Cincinnati several years back . The hard part was finding jobs for their parents, but we worked out a good deal with the University of Tennessee. 😉

Long John's - Check

Hand Warmers-Check

Sock hat- Check

Warm socks- Check

Snow boots- Check

Flask- Check

i'm ready.

One more day until game time!

Come on now, I'm wearing shorts !! By the way tickets are on sale in Fulton's office until 12 noon tomorrow if you don't want to wait in that long line. Edited by Turtle