Dobyns-Bennett 2015

tribecitizen

This is a DB 2015 thread and yet you guys are still alive in the 2014 playoffs, are you already throwing in the towel for 2014? What if you beat the Toppers? I don't think you will but at least you still have a shot at staying alive in 2014

I thought we got beat last week.I drove by J Fred and the band was in there playing football on the field before they practiced the same show they have been doing for weeks.There is no way the football team could still be alive in the playoffs.It would take an AD with nads the size of a pissant to let this happen.I don't care if GC wanted to use the grass , the AD should know enough about the game to say,No coach you need to prepare on the same kind of field your team will be playing on and the band noise shouldn't be close enough to where your players can't hardly hear you from the PA system.So Blazer there is no way we are still alive , atleast from our schools support system. Someone suggested we take the middle school bands.I think anytime the DB band can't be there , the middle schools should fill in.I bet their parent could find a way to get them there and those kids would be so proud to play on friday nights and be a part of big games.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we got beat last week.I drove by J Fred and the band was in there playing football on the field before they practiced the same show they have been doing for weeks.There is no way the football team could still be alive in the playoffs.It would take an AD with nads the size of a pissant to let this happen.I don't care if GC wanted to use the grass , the AD should know enough about the game to say,No coach you need to prepare on the same kind of field your team will be playing on and the band noise shouldn't be close enough to where your players can't hardly hear you from the PA system.So Blazer there is no way we are still alive , atleast from our schools support system. Someone suggested we take the middle school bands.I think anytime the DB band can't be there , the middle schools should fill in.I bet their parent could find a way to get them there and those kids would be so proud to play on friday nights and be a part of big games.

The more I have thought about this the more it makes sense though. The band is essentially playing at a "national" championship event on turf this weekend. The football team is merely in the second round of the TSSAA playoffs. Which one is more significant to the school? Just a question...

Edited by RebRaider85

The more I have thought about this the more it makes sense though. The band is essentially playing at a "national" championship event on turf this weekend. The football team is merely in the second round of the TSSAA playoffs. Which one is more significant to the school? Just a question...

They should be practicing " up on the hill" The football team should be on the football field.I don't give a flying fish what they are doing this weekend.We have a band and we have a football team.I wish the band well but I'm a football fan first.During the band competition season, use the middle school or the old alumni band for a DB " football band "but don't take away from our football team . Edited by BatmanDB

Nah, not gonna go there.  Easy answer in my mind, and easy answer in minds of DB admin.  Not the same answer.

Edited by Pudding

They should be practicing " up on the hill" The football team should be on the football field.I don't give a flying fish what they are doing this weekend.We have a band and we have a football team.I wish the band well but I'm a football fan first.During the band competition season, use the middle school or the old alumni band for a DB " football band "but don't take away from our football team .

I agree with you as well but I'm just saying that is probably how the administration is looking at it. They've known about this trip all year long, can't believe that nothing was done to fill in with alumni or middle school. Either would do a fine job.

I agree with you as well but I'm just saying that is probably how the administration is looking at it. They've known about this trip all year long, can't believe that nothing was done to fill in with alumni or middle school. Either would do a fine job.

Athletic Director asleep at the wheel........as usual

Seven turnovers in the past 2 games, 5 int and 2 fumbles - If we get some more of the same Friday this thread will become relevant quickly. DB will have to take care of the ball and make SH drive the field. I can only hope we work on our fourth and 20 defense, take away those two plays and turnovers and lets see where we are.

Can't fix the problems DB has in one week. To many turnovers, penalties, players out of position, terrible defense. Expect the same Friday night.......and next year......and the year after that.....and....well, you get the picture.

Athletic Director asleep at the wheel........as usual

Serious question, Waco, Batman, Tribe faithful - Why do you guys put up with the AD over there?  It's very common knowledge in the entire area how pizz poor this guy is.  If GC retires as HC, he would make an incredible AD.  Then you all could go get Ballard.   :roflol:  

Serious question, Waco, Batman, Tribe faithful - Why do you guys put up with the AD over there? It's very common knowledge in the entire area how pizz poor this guy is. If GC retires as HC, he would make an incredible AD. Then you all could go get Ballard. :roflol:

The beauty of this is I can say whatever about the AD because he isn't my boss.The negative however is I can't do the hiring.If so.I'd put coach Clark in the AD position before sunset today and let him stay as the coach until he hired the best coach for the future of the program to " carry on "

Agree agree agree !!