Marion vs Trousdale (Ross man against that Creasy man)

Roy Dillard

I have been sitting here at work and thought I would crunch a few numbers. Based on coAcht schedule and scores Marion averaged 38 a game last season and gave. up 14 a game on D. This year Marion is averaging 43 and giving up 12 a game. So yes the numbers speak for themselves but I also believe Marion schedule was weaker this year based on most teams being about even with last years except for Sequatchie and South Pittsburg who were obviously worse. So is Marion really better than last year? Maybe, who knows. It helps 21 has shined this year and correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he out most season last year? I know he didn't play against Sequatchie. The X factor here is Trousdale injuries. I would take a healthy Trousdale by 14, but in this case I will go with Marion by 10. I just hope it's a good game. I may spend my $8 and see for myself. Good luck to both teams.

The thing is about those numbers is this year way more mercy games  this season and most of the points are on the freshman team in second half. 

Marion's first team defense has gave up 27 points in the last 8 games.  21 of those 27 points came against a spread heavy offense in the first half of the Chatt. Christian game before it got out of hand. They have given up 56 points total points in the season to date.

Last season our first team gave up 203 points. 

Its not even close to being comparable. 

Edited by 5thquarter

Watched Marion play this season vs Sale Creek over at Mr. Davenport's field. I agree the new Marion coach is impressive. Marion County has the best team in 2A and shows it tonight. Marion County by 10

I believe Marion wins too, but Sale Creek was one of the worst teams I have ever seen so hard to form an opinion seeing them play.