Henry County-Ridgeway Part 2

HCFan

Highlights from the Millington game are up. Fast forward to 6:48 if you want to relive the hit #47 delivered Friday night.

The one thing I find amazing is how this D has only allowed -37 rushing yards total for the last 3 games. I believe this is going to be a great game and many are underestimating HC. I expect Ridgeway has improved since our first meeting but in my opinion I do not think they will be facing the same team in HC. This will be a low scoring defensive game.

The one thing I find amazing is how this D has only allowed -37 rushing yards total for the last 3 games. I believe this is going to be a great game and many are underestimating HC. I expect Ridgeway has improved since our first meeting but in my opinion I do not think they will be facing the same team in HC. This will be a low scoring defensive game.

That is a nice statistic. Ridgeway is a combo team but likes to run more than pass. I'm sure against us they'll try to pass it more often. I like this match-up for us. Also, I stated in the Millington thread that one other interesting stat is that Henry County is 20-5  against Memphis area teams over the past 10 yrs. A few of the wins were over poor teams, but the majority are quality wins - including 4 over Ridgeway's current head coach (he posted his first W against HC in September!). So I like our chances...

Go Big RED!!!

Should be a good one. Hardin co was leading Ridgeway going into the 4th qtr but had a big momentum swing early in the 4th and things got away from them. Ridgeway just pounds away at you with those big lineman and hard running backs. If Henry co can slow them down and get some turnovers I think they have a good chance of winning.

Should be a good one. Hardin co was leading Ridgeway going into the 4th qtr but had a big momentum swing early in the 4th and things got away from them. Ridgeway just pounds away at you with those big lineman and hard running backs. If Henry co can slow them down and get some turnovers I think they have a good chance of winning.

Henry County's MO against Ridgeway the past few years has always been to put pressure on the pipes and force Conard to make some uncomfortable throws.  We have the size and strength in the trenches to hold against that big offensive line.  Conard is a good quarterback, but struggles with pressure.  If you give him enough time, he's as accurate of a QB as you'll find at this level.  Usually, HC has forced him into enough bad throws over the course of the game to stop RW drives and set HC up with good field position.  However, RW did a good job earlier this year of controlling possession and not putting the QB in tough spots.  When he finally did have to step up, he marched them down the field with less than 2 minutes to win the game.  

I thoroughly believe that whoever wins this game will have to make some good throws and get out of their comfort zone on offense.  There's some great runningbacks in this game.  For HC, Henderson is an absolute stud, and I feel like he doesn't get enough recognition around the state.  Godbott is athletic and is a weapon in the pass game as well, and Perkins is a bowling ball of a back.  Harrison and Walker for RW are dynamic, and Harrison makes up for lack of size by running behind his pads and isn't scared to get the tough yards.  The problem is that both front 7's in this game are incredible.  HC has the strength and mental conditioning to hold the LOS and not allow big gains, and Ridgeway is loaded with size and athleticism to shoot gaps and close angles.  

Like I said, Conard is a good QB.  RW does a great job of mixing spacing and vertical concepts, and their receivers are good at initial route stems in regard to disguising routes.  They're going to get some yards in the air.  The key for HC will be to simply not allow the big play, and make the most of opportunities in terms of errant throws.  Our passing game is not complex, but it's efficient.  The throws will be there as a result of RW's respect for our rushing game.  It all comes down to execution. 

Henry County's MO against Ridgeway the past few years has always been to put pressure on the pipes and force Conard to make some uncomfortable throws. We have the size and strength in the trenches to hold against that big offensive line. Conard is a good quarterback, but struggles with pressure. If you give him enough time, he's as accurate of a QB as you'll find at this level. Usually, HC has forced him into enough bad throws over the course of the game to stop RW drives and set HC up with good field position. However, RW did a good job earlier this year of controlling possession and not putting the QB in tough spots. When he finally did have to step up, he marched them down the field with less than 2 minutes to win the game.

I thoroughly believe that whoever wins this game will have to make some good throws and get out of their comfort zone on offense. There's some great runningbacks in this game. For HC, Henderson is an absolute stud, and I feel like he doesn't get enough recognition around the state. Godbott is athletic and is a weapon in the pass game as well, and Perkins is a bowling ball of a back. Harrison and Walker for RW are dynamic, and Harrison makes up for lack of size by running behind his pads and isn't scared to get the tough yards. The problem is that both front 7's in this game are incredible. HC has the strength and mental conditioning to hold the LOS and not allow big gains, and Ridgeway is loaded with size and athleticism to shoot gaps and close angles.

Like I said, Conard is a good QB. RW does a great job of mixing spacing and vertical concepts, and their receivers are good at initial route stems in regard to disguising routes. They're going to get some yards in the air. The key for HC will be to simply not allow the big play, and make the most of opportunities in terms of errant throws. Our passing game is not complex, but it's efficient. The throws will be there as a result of RW's respect for our rushing game. It all comes down to execution.

Great analysis.

Henry County's MO against Ridgeway the past few years has always been to put pressure on the pipes and force Conard to make some uncomfortable throws.  We have the size and strength in the trenches to hold against that big offensive line.  Conard is a good quarterback, but struggles with pressure.  If you give him enough time, he's as accurate of a QB as you'll find at this level.  Usually, HC has forced him into enough bad throws over the course of the game to stop RW drives and set HC up with good field position.  However, RW did a good job earlier this year of controlling possession and not putting the QB in tough spots.  When he finally did have to step up, he marched them down the field with less than 2 minutes to win the game.  

I thoroughly believe that whoever wins this game will have to make some good throws and get out of their comfort zone on offense.  There's some great runningbacks in this game.  For HC, Henderson is an absolute stud, and I feel like he doesn't get enough recognition around the state.  Godbott is athletic and is a weapon in the pass game as well, and Perkins is a bowling ball of a back.  Harrison and Walker for RW are dynamic, and Harrison makes up for lack of size by running behind his pads and isn't scared to get the tough yards.  The problem is that both front 7's in this game are incredible.  HC has the strength and mental conditioning to hold the LOS and not allow big gains, and Ridgeway is loaded with size and athleticism to shoot gaps and close angles.  

Like I said, Conard is a good QB.  RW does a great job of mixing spacing and vertical concepts, and their receivers are good at initial route stems in regard to disguising routes.  They're going to get some yards in the air.  The key for HC will be to simply not allow the big play, and make the most of opportunities in terms of errant throws.  Our passing game is not complex, but it's efficient.  The throws will be there as a result of RW's respect for our rushing game.  It all comes down to execution. 

Great analysis Swarm! I am getting pumped up for this one! I feel pretty certain that Conrad will feel the pressure more than ever this week. If we can rattle the cage enough, place the receivers in uncomfortable positions (i.e. hearing steps), then there will be some turnovers. HC will then see what they can do with these opportunities, whether or not they can turn them into points on the board. If momentum swings our way this time earlier in the game, I'm not sure that the Big Red Defense will allow the pendulum to swing the other way...

Go Big RED!!!