Henry County-Ridgeway Part 2

HCFan

Its HumpDay in Henry County! We're one day closer to this grand match-up in Memphis! Looking forward to some great football Friday night, hoping for a large contingent coming to support the Big Red!

Looking at the stats, I guess I didn't realize how little we actually passed the ball during that first game. Interesting. Also its interesting to note that Ridgeway seems not to have changed a thing! They look exactly the same as they did in week 4. Same formations, same people. Hmmm...

Go Big RED!!!

I at times question Coach Sutton's coaching strategy as well...

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

I got an 8 point spread I believe in favor of the Roadrunners on BGIM Playoff Edition...

Roadrunners  35

Patriots          27

I respect your 8 point spread, but don't think that the Roadrunners can hang 35 on the Patriots D. And I'm thinking that the spread may be the other way around, but that just me - as you say being a "homer" for my team!

Go Big RED!!!

I respect your 8 point spread, but don't think that the Roadrunners can hang 35 on the Patriots D. And I'm thinking that the spread may be the other way around, but that just me - as you say being a "homer" for my team!

Go Big RED!!!

Go Big RED!!!

I still feel like Braxton Conard is one of the Best QBs in the State and he has yet to really have a "Hot" night against the Patriots... Midtown Memphis may be the scene of his Coming out party against yall.. Not to Mention the 2nd or 3rd Best back in the State, Earl Harrison. 

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

I'm as big of a fan of our defense as anybody.  With that said.... If we hold Ridgeway to 14 points, then our defense plays the game of their life.  The RW offense is clicking BIGTIME right now.  Under 30? We can do it for sure.  If we can hold them to 3 TD's, I like our chances.  

As far as their steadfast approach in scheme... When a team is that athletic, and has that much size.... Let them play fast.  No way you want them having to think.  It's second nature to them at this point in the season.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Sutton have a few tricks up his sleeve, though.  The key will be to make Conard uncomfortable for the get-go.  He's a great QB, but doesn't handle pressure well, and absolutely hates taking sacks... just too much of a gamer.  That can equal out to some haphazard throws.  Harrison is a threat to score at any time when he touches the ball, but I have no reason to not trust our defense against the run after the way they've defended it this entire year.

If our defense plays to their capabilities and offense can stay on the field and move the chains, I like us in the 27-21 range. 

We just have to get it going quicker this game.  The first touchdown drive we had where we mixed in some out's and hitch's with a few runs are a good blueprint.  Make them respect the run off the bat, and work off playaction and motion to get safe throws in space and let our athletes see what they can make happen.  I'll be interested to see how much time we spend in our traditional 2 WR sets.  Hard to imagine Counce not having to spread them out some.  TE/H-Back play could be big for us, especially if RW walks a safety down on any kind of non-spread look.  

Edited by RedSwarm

With the HC defense being as dominant as they have been the last 4 games and with Ridgeway only scoring 22 points in the first meeting, with 8 coming in the last seconds of the game because of a clock issue, I do not think they will put up more than 14. I will go 20-14 HC.

I want what you're smoking. No actually not really you can keep it, I would prefer to keep solid judgement.