Dresden Lions 2015

hogheaven

Watched the scrimmage and was very impressed with the Lion's improvement over the McKenzie scrimmage. Looks like we still need some work on the outside but much better. Hopefully coach Rang will close up the West Virginia size hole in the middle of the field on defense. McKenzie and Dyer both tried to hit us there but QB / Receiver didn't connect. We also need to paint baseball seems on the football and tell Dresser fastball on all intermediate passes. Seems to be easing up on those passes and floating the ball. That could just be watching it on the computer rather than real life though. They keep improving like they are and hopefully I'll have to eat crow about Trenton and UC.

Go Lions!!!

Watched the scrimmage and was very impressed with the Lion's improvement over the McKenzie scrimmage. Looks like we still need some work on the outside but much better. Hopefully coach Rang will close up the West Virginia size hole in the middle of the field on defense. McKenzie and Dyer both tried to hit us there but QB / Receiver didn't connect. We also need to paint baseball seems on the football and tell Dresser fastball on all intermediate passes. Seems to be easing up on those passes and floating the ball. That could just be watching it on the computer rather than real life though. They keep improving like they are and hopefully I'll have to eat crow about Trenton and UC.

Go Lions!!!

Give us some insight on Mckenzie ? Can't get thier fans to post a thing !

Give us some insight on Mckenzie ? Can't get thier fans to post a thing !

Granted I didn't see them in person (HUDL) so I'm prolly not the one who needs to post. Looked to me like that they have one RB with good outside speed. Receivers looked pretty good but had a case of the drops against us, some of it not being all their fault. Both lines looked had pretty good size but I doubt they will compare to your corn fed boys. Dresden handled them pretty good but it could've been much closer if they caught the ball a little better. I'm sure come the end of the season they will be a solid team. QB looked like a pretty tall kid with decent arm and his accuracy will improve I bet. Got to watch them Rebel Hosers they tend to keep quiet until they pounce. 

Granted I didn't see them in person (HUDL) so I'm prolly not the one who needs to post. Looked to me like that they have one RB with good outside speed. Receivers looked pretty good but had a case of the drops against us, some of it not being all their fault. Both lines looked had pretty good size but I doubt they will compare to your corn fed boys. Dresden handled them pretty good but it could've been much closer if they caught the ball a little better. I'm sure come the end of the season they will be a solid team. QB looked like a pretty tall kid with decent arm and his accuracy will improve I bet. Got to watch them Rebel Hosers they tend to keep quiet until they pounce.

thanks , not like them to be so quite lol

Dyer Co coach said Dresden had a good team,hard nosed.Was disappointed that the Choctaws didnt tackle better.

Dyer Co coach, Kendall still saw some things during the contest with Dresden that the team needs to work on before taking the field again.

"The difference in the game tonight is that our tackling was not very good tonight," Kendall said. "We weren't playing really good athletes like we were last week, so we should have been better tacklers. We've got to get back to basics on defense so we can make sure that we get back to the type of defense that Dyer County is used to playing."

On the offensive side, Kendall noted that the Choctaws will have to work on preventing turnovers, especially in the passing game.

"We have to catch and hold onto the ball," Kendall said. "We had four turnovers and we had four dropped footballs."

But, Kendall added that the problems he saw during the scrimmage weren't catastrophic.

Dyer Co coach said Dresden had a good team,hard nosed.Was disappointed that the Choctaws didnt tackle better.

Dyer Co coach, Kendall still saw some things during the contest with Dresden that the team needs to work on before taking the field again.

"The difference in the game tonight is that our tackling was not very good tonight," Kendall said. "We weren't playing really good athletes like we were last week, so we should have been better tacklers. We've got to get back to basics on defense so we can make sure that we get back to the type of defense that Dyer County is used to playing."

On the offensive side, Kendall noted that the Choctaws will have to work on preventing turnovers, especially in the passing game.

"We have to catch and hold onto the ball," Kendall said. "We had four turnovers and we had four dropped footballs."

But, Kendall added that the problems he saw during the scrimmage weren't catastrophic.

That is Dresden football in a nut shell, we typically don't have elite athletes like some teams. But we do have some good players who are willing to listen to the coach and work their butts off. I've said all along this team has more overall talent than any other team I've seen at Dresden. Big question for me is; will this team expect to win on talent alone or refuse to lose like some of the teams in the past 4 years? The team that made it to state championship wasn't the most talented team either but with attitudes like Hatchel, McPeak, VanDyke, Raymer and Turnbow (several others also) they did something very special for Dresden High School. Hopefully, they will win one more game than the 2011 team did. I'm afraid after next year we are going to struggle a few years.