Let's talk CAK, CPA, Notre Dame and Lipscomb Academy!

Apache

I was being sarcastic! But you don't really think Milan is truly on the radar do you? I hope you knock off CPA, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I know we won't. But let's be real. We are 2-0 against them in the playoffs. Got a WHOLE lot returning the next couple of years. CPA better get it while they can. Things will be back to normal real soon.

There are several requirements to being successful.

First and foremost, you need to have a good quality school where parents want to send their kids.

I agree 100% w/ this, BUT the kids of those parents need to be above average athletes which in most cases pertaining to these teams certainly are.....

I don't think the problem with privates is so much "recruiting". Its the fact that there kids can come from anywhere and there are no zones. But I agree that the public open enrollment is much more of a problem. A small tuition and willingness of parents and kids to get to school are the only roadblocks. Lots of school systems in west Tennessee are still under federal injunctions that require kids to go to certain schools. That is exactly why Jackson public school football is very subpar and the privates are pretty good. Gibson county has special school districts in all cities. And when the white flight hit Humboldt hard they got the feds involved and sued. Now the school zones are strictly enforced. If Milan Humboldt Medina and Trenton wanted to have open zones and all the athletes chose to go to one school that school would be an absolute juggernaut. But anyway that's just my opinion. And before the Blount County goons reply let me say this...You guys don't cheat because there are no TSSAA rules against open enrollment so therefore getting players outside of your school district is perfectly legal. However I think everyone would just like to once hear one of you say it definitely helps. Not to take away from the hard work your players put in or the great coaching you have but any coach will tell you great players make great coaches.

I don't think the problem with privates is so much "recruiting". Its the fact that there kids can come from anywhere and there are no zones. But I agree that the public open enrollment is much more of a problem. A small tuition and willingness of parents and kids to get to school are the only roadblocks. Lots of school systems in west Tennessee are still under federal injunctions that require kids to go to certain schools. That is exactly why Jackson public school football is very subpar and the privates are pretty good. Gibson county has special school districts in all cities. And when the white flight hit Humboldt hard they got the feds involved and sued. Now the school zones are strictly enforced. If Milan Humboldt Medina and Trenton wanted to have open zones and all the athletes chose to go to one school that school would be an absolute juggernaut. But anyway that's just my opinion. And before the Blount County goons reply let me say this...You guys don't cheat because there are no TSSAA rules against open enrollment so therefore getting players outside of your school district is perfectly legal. However I think everyone would just like to once hear one of you say it definitely helps. Not to take away from the hard work your players put in or the great coaching you have but any coach will tell you great players make great coaches.

Actually recruiting for atheletics purposes is illegal. It doesn't matter if you're Private, Open Zone or what. See T$$AA Bylaw Section 17. It's just a lot easier for Privates and Open Zoned Schools.

• Upvote 1

Actually recruiting for atheletics purposes is illegal. It doesn't matter if you're Private, Open Zone or what. See T$$AA Bylaw Section 17. It's just a lot easier for Privates and Open Zoned Schools.

So, in your big grand plan, running the private schools out will solve all of the world's problems? It will, only until that allows someone else to dominate. And if it isn't your school, then you can try and run them out also. You can keep doing this until your team can finally win. By then we will have 40 divisions and everyone can make the playoffs, and half the teams in the state can play in the championship game. It is so easy to blame failure on an unfair system... It is a lot harder to just find a way to compete.

• Upvote 1

So, in your big grand plan, running the private schools out will solve all of the world's problems? It will, only until that allows someone else to dominate. And if it isn't your school, then you can try and run them out also. You can keep doing this until your team can finally win. By then we will have 40 divisions and everyone can make the playoffs, and half the teams in the state can play in the championship game. It is so easy to blame failure on an unfair system... It is a lot harder to just find a way to compete.

This post is actually about the legality of recruiting. No matter what type of school. So, went you say "It's a lot harder to just find a way to compete". What you mean is- It's a lot harder to just find a way around the rules? Get a clue!!

In professional sports, a salary cap exists as a per-player limit or a total limit for the team's roster, or both. Several sports leagues have implemented salary caps to ensure parity between teams so wealthy teams cannot entrench dominance by signing many more top players than their rivals. They understand that parity equals increased profits. How many people are going to continue to watch and attend a championship game when it's always the same two teams playing or the same team always winning the championship? So how long until people stop supporting T$$AA events? How many people from Alcoa and Maryville are already over it? Why make the trip when you already know the outcome. How many times do you win the championship before it starts to mean nothing to you? T$$AA, how much bigger could the crowds be and greater the atmosphere if teams who have never made it were there?

Really? Is this the best argument you can come up with. I am pretty sure that winning championships does not ever get old... If this is a good idea then just assign 2 teams at the beginning of each year to play in the state championship. Then by your logic we can rotate it so it will be fun and fair to everyone.... You know give everyone a trophy! We can call it TSSAA communism. Everyone is equal right? I mean that is how the world works. Why should that guy get a promotion and not me. I don't care if he is smarter and works harder, I want that job. I'm sure that would go over well with the boss. I want to get paid as much as a doctor, so what if I have a high school diploma and he spent 4 years in college and 8 years in medical school! It's not fair!!!! I guess I could just work my butt off and go back to school but that would be hard. It would only be fair if my boss just gave me a big raise because I want it....