South Pittsburg 2015

Roy Dillard

People like you always wanna bring up that MC is double the size that SP is. MC played ooltewah rhea Baylor mccallie even NJ when MC was on top. And those are some of the biggest schools you can play.

K.C. was dressing out 70 players when he was playing that schedule. 

just like I said always playing the we are a really really small school card. Yall had the talent so it doesn't matter how small of a school you are. And MC did move up to AAA when they could have stayed in AA so check the facts before you go running your pie hole. LMAO

When playing some of the bigger good schools, SP has to keep 7 players on the field the whole game.  It ads up.  Also, Jasper was 3a and never AAA.  Up until 1992, it was A-AA-AAA.  AAA would be equivalent to a 5a or 6a team.  Given the size of UC and some of the other top 1a schools, it would be stupid for them to move up in a league with Alcoa. 

I remember Courtland having about 4 times more than us. They were unreal. I wasn't around at that time but I came in for that game.

Yep they were 4-6 going into the playoffs that year due to playing much higher classification teams in Alabama--went on a roll and knocked off the defending state champion and  previously unbeaten 14-0 Brantley for the 1A State Championship.

Edited by piratetom

When SP was good they have always played a tough schedule. In 1999 the beat the team that won the 1A title in Alabama. 2007-2014 featured mostly higher classification teams as well.

T.C. beat Hazlewood that year and Hazlewood went on to win the Bama 2a title in 1999 and 2000.  SP beat TC in the Semifinals.  1999 was an interesting year.

where is Glenn i wanna hear a speed report!

He would just tell you:

Glenn here.  We aren't just kinda slow but we are real slow.  If they are trying to be fast, they are just kinda slow unless they don't eat right and then they are real slow.