State Semifinal: Coalfield at Monterey

BigDave1967

I'll be in Cookeville. If UC ain't up by 4 tds at halftime I'll buy you a steak dinner. No hurt feelings here, we had better athletes than Coalfield, just made too many mistakes. I'm pulling for you guys, may even drive down to Monterey this Friday. Bet stands good, look me up near the taca tent if you make it to TTU

You're being tooo nice. Shoot I'll be pulling for Coalfield but UC could probably play with Alcoa. You think I'm joking.

Cal Preps projection Coalfield 31-21 over Monterey neutral site

Technically its not a neutral site. Tech is Monterey's home field for now... and now that I think about it MHS is 5-0 there this year. 4 of those coming against some pretty good teams. So I'll take the Wildcats by 8 this week. They are playing some good ball right now. 

Lord here goes the cocky crap. Let them be da** excited. I get so sick of seeing people throwing around the word "cocky" after a team gets a big win. No they prolly haven't been here before that's why they are so excited. They beat us last night so I still have a grudge lol but they played hard and just outplayed us. So let the boys be happy. If you wanna talk about cocky then there is one group I think we can all agree on that is cocky. But they win so it is ok??

I didn't say they couldn't get excited.

I was referring to some fans that act like they are a historical powerhouse. That's not the case.

I'm just saying the fans may need to dial it down a notch. There some unneeded pressure put on the boys. Let them play ball, and I think they can win.

Like I said, they should be happy and enjoy it, and I hope they win.

And, I agree with the other bunch you're referring to.

I think you had a typo...you ment you get to come back to watch the wildcats play. They'll be plenty of seats in the stands for all the coalfield faithfull to watch Monterey play on the 5th.

I think you had a typo...you ment you get to come back to watch the wildcats play. They'll be plenty of seats in the stands for all the coalfield faithfull to watch Monterey play on the 5th.

Congrats on the win over Copper Basin and good luck against Coalfield. Does a radio station broadcast the Monterey football games?

Edited by BigDave1967