State Semifinal: Coalfield at Monterey

BigDave1967

It did strike a nerve. Pujo knows the story. I'm not elaborating on a public forum. Landers underachieved.

Never said the districts stacked up. We can't help who t$$aa sticks us with. OOC games were against much larger schools AC, HV and JC all are AA classification. Weak in their districts but 3-4 times larger schools than CHS. We shouldn't beat schools that big but we do. HHS was a 2 point game, that we coulda shoulda won. Same as Coalfield. You can't beat good teams when your Qb has 6 turnovers even though total yardage is at a 50% advantage. Cloudland beat Cloudland in both of those games. The quality opponents took advantage of our mistakes. That's what good teams do. But Cloudland was not ran over in either of those losses. Again, underachieved! The east was a crap shoot, with a hand full of teams capable on any given night. Gonna leave it at that. Good luck Coalfield, enjoy the experience. I'll be there pulling for you guys. Anybody wants to meet up, just holler at me. I'll be on the fence outside the taca tent most of the weekend.

Was this game as lopsided as it sounded? I lowered my line from 28 to 14 and got burned. LMBO

Game was never close. Monterey scored in the 4th after coalfield switched into a base defense and played conservative. I think coalfield had over 500 yds of offense compared to Monterey having around 150 yds. Coalfield also had a 65 yd touchdown run called back on a drive we ended up punting. Coalfield kept the streak going of having a TD called back in each playoff game this year.

Game was never close. Monterey scored in the 4th after coalfield switched into a base defense and played conservative. I think coalfield had over 500 yds of offense compared to Monterey having around 150 yds. Coalfield also had a 65 yd touchdown run called back on a drive we ended up punting. Coalfield kept the streak going of having a TD called back in each playoff game this year.

That's what I figured would happen. Great accomplishment of getting to Cookeville, but this Union City team is just unbelievable.