State Semifinal: Maryville at Oakland

BigDave1967

This is not true. The expanded neutral zone is about 3 yards on every single snap that doesn't have center protection. I can give you the page and rule number for LOS and the "try" in the 2012 rulebook if you'd like. He made the call. It was wrong. It can't be changed now. Hope for a rubber match.  

Provide said page or link

Provide said page or link

For the try it is on page 64, 8.3.2 situation C (there is no reference to there being any difference in the expanded neutral zone therefore there is no change)

Expanded neutral zone is defined on page 61, 7.5.12 situation A (this is the reference that matters pertaining to expanded neutral zone on a forward pass; the term "about" is a judgment definition and referees are told not to use their judgment to effect the game unless the foul is extreme)

http://www.mbfo.org/files/2012NFHS_FootballCaseBook.pdf

I remember hearing it while watching college football. It makes sense when you really think about it...  

College rule is different from High School in this regard. The HS rule requires contact and the college rule requires none. Also the depth is determined when the ball crosses the neutral zone. So it basically where the lineman is when the ball leaves the QB's hand, not where he is when he catches it. 

it was hard using all my fingers and toes!!! i agree with the opponents still playing especially when people comment on how weak of a schedule murvil plays and how tough oakland's district is.  before anybody jumps my arse about it......... I"M NOT saying O's distrit is weak-just sayin

u r correct tho-all of it aint gonna matter friday night 

Thats why I say that is all hogwash! 7AAA is not any better or tougher then Maryvilles region! Time for 7AAA to put up or shut up! Just my two cents which are not worth 2 cents!

College rule is different from High School in this regard. The HS rule requires contact and the college rule requires none. Also the depth is determined when the ball crosses the neutral zone. So it basically where the lineman is when the ball leaves the QB's hand, not where he is when he catches it. 

Too complicated for BHS.  He's already proved many times that he can understand.  We're in a recession, many comedians out of work, and BHS keeps cracking jokes!  That's not really fair that he keeps taking the comedians jobs!

I agree with BHS on one point.  The play would not have given the Rebels the victory.  However, there should have never been an overtime!

Edited by OldRebel2

LOL....Thainks for tha collidge rools...... B)

It isn't even a rule in college. A play from scrimmage has the same rules anywhere on the field. The only thing that changes is when the snap is taken at 7 yards or more. This gives the center protection from being hit with his head down. Other than that everything is the same.

I've had this conversation a few times Stars! Both levels. It is part of my smoke and mirror package!