State Semifinal: Maryville at Oakland

BigDave1967

DEAR MARIVILLIANS...THIS IS WHY PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE FAN CIRCLE DON'T RESPECT YOU AS A CHAMPION.....1 GOLD BALL OR 15.....YOU ARE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP CIRCLE....DA' HAVEN IS NOT THE ONLY TEAM THAT HAS CRACKED THE CODE....WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE A ROGUE REF...HECK ALOT OF TEAMS CAN SAY THAT ABOUT SOME OF YOUR CHAMPIONSHIPS.....ONE I CAN REMEMBER IS THE siegel GAME....3RD AND SHORT BECAME 3RD AND LONG ON A FLUKE PENALTY.....NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THAT.....UNTIL THEY CHANGED THE ZEBRA SYSTEM TO BE IN NEUTRAL SITES...IT'S BEEN ALOT OF QUESTIONABLE THINGS HAPPENING....NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THAT....IF YOU ARE THE 15 TIME DEFENDING CHAMPS...KUDOS :thumb: BUT DON'T TRY AND UNDERMIND A VICTORY OVER YOUR TEAM AS A FLUKE....CROWN THEM LIKE EVERYONE IN YOUR CIRCLE DOES YOU.....AND MOVE ON.....THESE ARE KIDS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT....TRYING TO LIVE UP TO YOUR HIGH EXPECTATIONS THAT YOU DON'T LIVE UP TO YOURSELF......GO FIGURE....JUST ENJOY THE RIDE WHILE THE WHEELS ARE STILL ROLLIN....#LOP

Could you please type bigger?  I can't hardly read this from 60 feet away...

Edited by FreeAgent11

In the 12 years I have lived here, I have not seen Maryville with as good of a defense as they have now. As good as Oakland's defense is, I see a tough, low scoring game, maybe 10-0 Maryville if they take care of the football.  I will be out-of-town so I hope someone will be streaming this one.

audio of 94.3 FM radio broadcast on    www.knoxtalkradio.com

Chick Fil A is on Old Fort Parkway across the road from the Mall

Both teams are good or neither would be playing Friday night.  Oakland is passing more this year than I ever saw them do under Coach Mac.

Which ever team wins should be the odds on favorite to take home the Gold Ball this year. 

Here is hoping for a good clean, injury free game with little or no ref involvement.

Let's hear about Oakland. Sounds like a great LB that may or may not play. Who else is impressive on the defensive side? What type of offense do they have? With the stud RT, I assume they run behind him when they need yards? Are they under center or spread most of the time? Throw it much?

Spread offense, multiple sets. Full back usually 

We're civil people we don't bite might nibble a little but just for fun! Lol. We love our football but it's still a game so come on down and enjoy everything the boro has to offer!

Coming in from Lebanon. Is there a mom and pop restaurant on the way before we get to Oakland High location? We be arriving the area about 3 PM. Do not want top go too far into town.

RW87, not sure what time I will be at the field this Friday. I have to stop along the way and help serve the Rebels a good pregame meal so they are ready to roll. I hope to be at the gate early but will give you a call when I know a time that we will be there.

You got it 5Star!

Bringing any cookie bars like the ones last week?

This is a game, I can't get any good read/feel on.  I think Maryville wins it in the end.  Oakland has more "talent" in the standpoint of future college players respect.  I don't know how often Jack Jones will get to go up against the kid from Maryville, but that would be worth the price of admission alone.  Part of me thinks Maryville wins by 3 tds and the other part thinks it could be a 7-6 game with defenses ruling the night.  Should be a classic.  I wish Blackman could be the ones giving it a shot, but can't do much about that now.  I guess, by law, I am supposed to say go 7AAA, but I just don't have a good read on this one.

Most people are calling it a toss up since it is at Oakland. MHS has not played well away from home this year but they always travel well to the Boro. Could be a factor. Look for MHS and Oakland to go down to the wire. Since I am a Rebel fan I say Rebels 24 Oakland 21