State Semifinal: Maryville at Oakland

BigDave1967

Ok we have already discussed the "Maryville hype" Yes they deserve the hype. You're just reiterating an unnecessary topic. How about Oakland deserves to be in the position they are in. Too many people are giving them zero chance. People should put bias aside.

Those who are regulars posting on here are not saying Oakland does not have a chance. This good be as good  a semi final game as ever. Better than a State Championship game. 

Those who are regulars posting on here are not saying Oakland does not have a chance. This good be as good  a semi final game as ever. Better than a State Championship game. 

Anything can happen in a football game.  Maryville has to prepare to face one of the biggest and fastest teams that they have seen all year.  Because we have seen Maryville handle this in the past, our fans believe that we can handle it this year.  However, this deep in the playoffs all teams have earned the right to be there and all are extremely talented.  I don't know that Oakland, who seems to be more one dimensional, matches up extremely well with Maryville, but that didn't stop Whitehaven two years ago.  So, they can certainly jump up and get the best of Maryville.  To add to that, they are playing at home and will be hyped for this game.  As I said before, I think whoever makes the least amount of major mistakes will win this game.  Maryville has been prone to turn the ball over in some games.  If they do that against Oakland then they could get into some trouble.  If not then they might be able to take care of business and head to Cookeville once again.  Whatever the case, it should be a fun game and I hope that both teams leave the field injury free.

DEAR MARIVILLIANS...THIS IS WHY PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE FAN CIRCLE DON'T RESPECT YOU AS A CHAMPION.....1 GOLD BALL OR 15.....YOU ARE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP CIRCLE

And this is how trolls like you take something OUT of context and try to paint an entire fan base with a broad stroke of your obsessive brush. The Senator and Maryville fans have trash talked for years on here and that post you referenced came after an entire evening of it last night that went back and forth for some time and was quite entertaining on both sides. He dished out quite a bit but I guess  you somehow "overlooked" that. And that gigantic holier than thou post was rich coming from you. 

The realistic, true Rebel fans KNOW that this game will not be easy.  I've watched film and I know the Rebel O-Line has quite a challenge.   Protecting the QB will be tough.  The Rebel defense will match up better against Oakland’s offense than the Rebel offense does against Oakland’s defense.  This will probably be a lower scoring game than either team is accustomed to playing.  The Rebels will have to play well and mostly error free to win.  Rebels in a close one.

Edited by OldRebel2

Nomatter what, this game will be good, my favorite is Maryville as of now. Oakland should be their toughest task so far. I'm really wanting to make it to this game. If not, hopefully some of you all will give live updates via this thread.

You listen to the Maryville radio broadcast at www.knoxtalkradio.com

I really expected to be playing Blackman and so did most other Rebel fans and getting to play a game before this one against a quick Q.B. that S.H.. had would be good practice for a game with Jennings again but surprise that's not the case. I'm very scared of this one the more I watch film. When Oakland and Blackman played on ESPN i said then that Maryville could not beat the Blaze this year and now Oakland steps in. I will watch more film of this team but right now if people from Maryville are starting to count chickens I'm afraid their going to come up a few short from what I've seen.

Pre-season picks from around the state had Maryville and Oakland meeting in the semis. Looked like it might not happen, it did. Team very similar to Alcoa on steroids., meaning more depth. (Coach McDanials coached with Rankin at Riverdale). QB is the biggest question? They like to run first, pass if they needed to. 

Some of the things I know will happen. If you don't park next to the stadium, you will get to walk a ways. There will be flat places to stand other than on the field. Maryville will have plenty of space to get dressed in, not a broom closet with a toilet. There will be plenty of chest bumping and jawing. Oakland will at some point go for two. If Maryville wins it be because of coaching. If Oakland wins it will be in spite of coaching. :popcorneater:

Finally saw more than a couple of highlights of Oakland. WOW! They look loaded. They can run it, throw it, and extend plays to make something happen. Their defense looks even stronger than their offense. Seems like a lot of next level players for one high school team. Murvil has their hands full. It may finally be region 7's turn. I'm gonna need some really strong red koolaid for this game.

D1 prospects for Maryville? The "kool aide" must be free flowing through your veins. I cannot believe someon asked who has more. There is not a comparison in raw talent in this game. Any coach in America at any level when looking at the teams physical makeup and athleticism would take Oakland over Maryville. Knowing how disciplined and coachable the Rebels are might change some opinions. The hingepin in this game is the ability for MHS O-line to give the QB 2-3 seconds to pass and shield the D-line so the backs can pick up some yards. Good punt coverage is very essential for the Rebels.

Go REBELS!!!