State Semifinal: Maryville at Oakland

BigDave1967

Honestly If you pick your team to win by 1 point IMO you don't really believe that they will win... I can't remember the last high school game that I've watched that was 1 point... People are giving maryville a chance but it's like how many times do you have to see Maryville win before you believe the hype? No one in there right mind would pick against maryville and believe it... The only people who should really believe that Oakland can win are the Oakland players and staff... Maryville 21 oakland 10

Hmmmmmm Maryville vs the haven

And only 1 state championship? Amazing!

It is amazing... Our coaches can get kids from all these varying backgrounds with parents and former little league coaches with their OWN agenda as well as all the OTHER things that go on in Memphis to come together, even if it is "one shining moment!" Saulsberry, Dillard, Harmon, J Harris, Davis, Jones, a Que named Danny and EVERYONE else are able to do great things in the 38116. State Titles will come... Sending OUR Kids to school is OUR #1 Goal 

Initially that's what I thought too, that's why I re-calculated the number after seeing spanky's post... Certainly that's the case for the regular season, but then you think when playoffs come into play, certain opponents play more playoff games than the others.

You are right!!!! That's why you go to the regular season opponents and Maryville's regular season opponent won 51 games all season long and Oakland's regular season opponents won 54 games. You see in the Playoffs all 5 teams from District 7 that made the playoffs were in the 6A playoffs and put each other out. Riverdale put Smyrna out, Blackman put Riverdale out, Oakland put LaVergne out, and Oakland put Blackman out. No weaker teams in  district 7 all are 6A teams. So nobody else could still be playing in the playoffs from district 7. And as I said earlier Maryville's last half of the season (last 5 opponents) won a total of 14 game together all season long and Oakland's last half of the season ( last 5 opponents) won 23 games together all season long, not counting playoff games. Not that hard to figure out. And like a asked earlier how many teams in district 4 made the 6A playoffs? Or is it maybe you guys just do not want to say how many from your great district made the 6A playoffs. LOL!!!!

Edited by BullyDog