Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

I guess the most confusing part of all of this for me is the fact that we had the size/speed/ and talent, obviously since 5 players signed scholarships to play college ball. And still with all that we struggled throughout the playoffs to move the ball? How does that not fall back on coaching?

Ok, so you don't like Gaddis...we get it. The guy has won almost 300 games and just led us to our first undefeated regular season since 1999, but according to you, he can't coach. What a joke you are....

Travesty? We won our last SC 24 years ago and it's a travesty if we don't win one? You're crazy man

Far from crazy man. If you don't believe that looking at the talent in OR that you shouldn't have been better than 12-1 last year or a SC team with what you have returning, then you are the "crazy" one maannneeee!

Far from crazy man. If you don't believe that looking at the talent in OR that you shouldn't have been better than 12-1 last year or a SC team with what you have returning, then you are the "crazy" one maannneeee!

We "could've" been better than 12-1 but I don't agree that we "should've". Our program is far removed from the glory days when we won a lot because we were Oak Ridge. We must rebuild that and that's why they brought Gaddis back. It's not just about talent, although ours isn't as good as you describe. We have good talent...not great. I watch us play every game every year and have for years, unless I have an emergency arise.

That's not the case at all. I think Gaddis is one of, if not the best coach in oak ridge history. The question that I was trying to address was the offensive coaching staff and specifically the offensive line coach. With the amount of tools and talent we had, how did we struggle to move the ball?

That's not the case at all. I think Gaddis is one of, if not the best coach in oak ridge history. The question that I was trying to address was the offensive coaching staff and specifically the offensive line coach. With the amount of tools and talent we had, how did we struggle to move the ball?

Sorry, I misunderstood your point. Your question is valid although I think our runners are average or slightly above. It may be just me but we have to find a way to run the ball better. We've always had a solid running game but lately it's been fair at best. That's why I wouldn't be against the Wing T. We better figure a way to run the ball. We just don't have a great runner like we seemed to always have from the early 80s through 2005 Edited by catswild

Gaddis defensively is tough to beat any day. But offensively where we are lacking, I believe has got to be in coaching. We struggled against a 5-5 Cleveland team. And a less talented rhea county, we had a great offense but struggled moving the ball, now to me if you have 2 players sign to play SEC ball and 3 more linemen sign to play college ball, obviously the lines talent and ability wasn't the issue. So whose fault is it because of lack of offense? Girlfriends? Text messages? School work? Facebook? The media? ( which is where everyone always points the finger at any other day)

No it falls back on the lack of offensive coaching specifically the OL coach.

Gaddis defensively is tough to beat any day. But offensively where we are lacking, I believe has got to be in coaching. We struggled against a 5-5 Cleveland team. And a less talented rhea county, we had a great offense but struggled moving the ball, now to me if you have 2 players sign to play SEC ball and 3 more linemen sign to play college ball, obviously the lines talent and ability wasn't the issue. So whose fault is it because of lack of offense? Girlfriends? Text messages? School work? Facebook? The media? ( which is where everyone always points the finger at any other day)

No it falls back on the lack of offensive coaching specifically the OL coach.

Blame who you want....it's the same line coach he's had for years. Whatever or whoever is at fault, we better figure out a way to run the ball.